Question?

dibank

On the panel that has the fresh, gray and black levels there is a button labled heater. What is it for? Do the tanks have a heater?

jimtoo

Hi dibank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share.

The button on the panel labeled "HEATER" is to turn on the propane side of the water heater. When you turn it on always be sure you have water in the heater. The button will turn red and a small little light next to it will be on untill the propane ignites. You should be able to hear the water heater igniter clicking and also the burner when it comes on.

Also when you turn on the water heater electric switch, be sure you have the heater full of water... It will burn out the electric element almost immediately if not full of water.

I am pretty sure your tanks do not have a heater, unless you ordered them and they would be on a separate switch.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yes.. that is the switch to turn on the Water Heater using Propane..

You should also have a switch to turn on the electric element to the Water Heater.

If you're in a campground and don't have to pay the electric use the electric and turn off the Propane. If the family is taking showers and your getting low on hot water turn them both on and it will heat faster.

If you winterize your trailer or don't have the water connected you should turn both of them off.

Something else to be aware of is, the Anode rod in the hot water heater. It should be checked every year. If you winterize it is a good way to drain your HWH and leave the anod out until you go to get it ready for the summer season.. Also there is a small black toggle switch on the outside of the water heater when you open the outside door. It may have a pin in it which you will need to remove.. It is in there for safety in not burning out the HWH when transporting it to your dealer or you.

BC

BC

jimtoo

Alan,,, your just to fast or I am getting to slow.:eek:.. gonna start composing my reply before I OK the post as moderator.:cool:

Jim M