Questions about the Arlington and Newport

Cholo

We are very close to ordering our Landmark. Originally we loved the Madison floor plan then, saw a Arlington. Wife said, I think I love this bathroom! She did not like the Newport because you lose all the pantry space. I read somewhere in this forum that although the Dometic 320 elongated toilet with sprayer is installed in some Landmarks, it's not installed in the Arlington and I believe it is installed in the 1/2 bath of the Newport but not in the front bath. I think it was due to fit. Can anybody verify this? Can it be special ordered? If fit is the issue, does that mean that I would not be able to change it later?

On the Newport model I did not see an option to change the 1/2 bath to a pantry, can it be done?

Thanks to all.

richheck

Seasoned Member
My 2017 LM Arlington does no have the toilet with sprayer being tha bedroom, bath area is the same as the Newport and to answer you second question, the option for the office/pantry in the Newpost has been discontinued, sorry.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
On the Newport model I did not see an option to change the 1/2 bath to a pantry, can it be done? Thanks to all.
Cholo, at one time (when they were first released) you had the option of ordering a Newport with either the pantry/office or the 1/2 bath. It is my understanding that the pantry/office is no longer an option. We have a 2015 Newport with the pantry/office option and love it. Not sure why Heartland stop offering that option (if in fact, what I heard is true) but I assume it has to be because of low demand for the office.

MCTalley

The Dometic 320 toilet, from the centerline of the drain to the back of the toilet, is two or three inches deeper than the Thetford toilet that Heartland likes to use. Due to the way that the toilet drain in the front bath of the Newport or the single bath of the Arlington is located, the back of the 320 would be into the pocket door wall. Moving the drain forward isn't an option as it runs down between the basement storage area and the forward storage area.

It has been previously noted that engineering tolerances from unit to unit might make the conversion possible as cutting the hole in the floor and mounting the drain pipe is an inexact science during the build, but that's a strong *might*.

Cholo

Cholo, at one time (when they were first released) you had the option of ordering a Newport with either the pantry/office or the 1/2 bath. It is my understanding that the pantry/office is no longer an option. We have a 2015 Newport with the pantry/office option and love it. Not sure why Heartland stop offering that option (if in fact, what I heard is true) but I assume it has to be because of low demand for the office.

Thanks for your reply. Looks like they will still do the option. Can you please post a picture of your pantry/office so we can get an idea?