Questions on Cyclone

05ford

We just upgraded from a 1995 slide in truck camper to a Cyclone 4018 and now we have a few questions.

1. The side awnings, the main one looks fine just a slight tilt but the other on off the garage has a more much more noticeable tilt. Are the awnings adjustable? It also tilts toward the main one I would think it should tilt the other way.

2. When the slide is in it still look like it should go in farther, there is a gap from the wheel fenders of about 2 inches. It looks like the rubber is pushed in good it just not flush. The motor stops like it is in all the way also. Is this ok?

3. What kind of weight limit for the cabinets? Setting up the kitchen and not sure of how much I should add. Also thinking about adding some more shelves in them. Seems like a waste of space with them so tall.

4. The garage area we would like to wash it out but the diamond plate does not go up the walls hardly at all. I don't think it would be a good idea to get the paneling wet. Any suggestions or how do you wash your garage out. Maybe just a good old fashion mopping...

Thanks for the help.
My pictures are upside down couldn't figure out how to change them.?

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:

scottyb

Re: Questons

05Ford, congratulations on you new Cyclone. Your photos are upside down so hard to see the awnings. I do like your slide toppers.

1. The side awnings, the main one looks fine just a slight tilt but the other on off the garage has a more much more noticeable tilt. Are the awnings adjustable? It also tilts toward the main one I would think it should tilt the other way.

Mine are not noticeable. I assume this is a ne RV ?

2. When the slide is in it still look like it should go in farther, there is a gap from the wheel fenders of about 2 inches. It looks like the rubber is pushed in good it just not flush. The motor stops like it is in all the way also. Is this ok?

2" sounds a little excessive. Some do stick out a little. The main thing is if it tracks straight and the seal is compressed when closed.

3. What kind of weight limit for the cabinets? Setting up the kitchen and not sure of how much I should add. Also thinking about adding some more shelves in them. Seems like a waste of space with them so tall.

Usually space is the limiting factor as long as you are loading it sensibly. Don't stack a bunch of cast iron skillets in one area.

4. The garage area we would like to wash it out but the diamond plate does not go up the walls hardly at all. I don't think it would be a good idea to get the paneling wet. Any suggestions or how do you wash your garage out. Maybe just a good old fashion mopping...

I found out the hard way that if you hose out the garage, a lot of water will run into the toolbox on the dovetail. Mine does not have a drain plug and it is a PITA to get the water out. I sweep/vacuum the dirt then wet mop the garage.

remoandiris

1. AFAIK the awnings are NOT adjustable. Both side awnings on my rig do not tilt. In fact I retract them when it rains. Water has pooled in the center. That is bad.

2. Probably just another example of the garbage quality control at the factory. If you have a HL repair facility close by, take it to them for warranty repair. My bet is HL will say it is fine as is or the dealer will keep the unit for so long you'll simply grow frustrated and just suffer with it.

3. Pack light. Just because space is there it doesn't mean you have to use it. I only wish my wife understood that.

4. Yes, the garage in a HL is much less of a garage than other makes. You could put more diamond plate on the walls or just follow Scottyb's sound advice and damp mop. BTW, don't count on your dovetail storage being water tight. In other words, put items you want to stay dry in watertight containers. You may want to drill a small drain hole or 2 in the bottom of the dovetail bin.

NCskibum

they do tilt, have to look for it on the arms, push in silver looking button and you can make them tilt for run off