Race/Rally

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I understand the drinking and driving thing and have also experienced the weekend long parties, screaming, all night generators and theft. I brought the idea of Dover up because we already have a full plate of rally travel planned for next year. We won't be traveling to Bristol. If you would like to get together at the Bristol race - it's OK with us!

So, if anyone would like to go to the Dover, September 2010 Race and camp together at Cedar Creek Landing please let me know via PM. I'll be glad to work out the details.

timdebs

Debbie and I would like to go in September. Still planning on to going to Bristol. One of the reasons we have a camper because it is the cheapest way to travel. Have camper will travel!

kubo

It would be an awesome time, I go all the time to dover, However, I already camp with a bunch of friends, a pack of at least 6 rvs, 2010 will be a first for me in a heartland landmark 5th wheel. I have been going to dover for over 15 years, 10 of them in a motorhome, But if you get something together, and come to dover, I can visit all of you. Kubo ps. we camp right at the track, $60.00 for 10 days no hook ups however, services avalible, honeydipper, propane, fresh water, ect.

DMAX154

I understand the drinking and driving thing and have also experienced the weekend long parties, screaming, all night generators and theft. I brought the idea of Dover up because we already have a full plate of rally travel planned for next year. We won't be traveling to Bristol. If you would like to get together at the Bristol race - it's OK with us!

So, if anyone would like to go to the Dover, September 2010 Race and camp together at Cedar Creek Landing please let me know via PM. I'll be glad to work out the details.

No offense but I guess it was never a disscusion to begin with!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
DMAX154 if I offended you by wanting to go to Dover, I am sorry. My initial thread indicated that I was checking into Dover Group tickets and I wouldn't mind setting something up within a few hours of home. I am familure with the race track and the campground. It would be a tough job for me to plan something in Bristol, Tennessee from New Jersey. I didn't close the discussion, I only wanted to offer something I knew I would be capable of pulling together.

DMAX154

You didn't offend me. It just seems like you had your mind made up before there was much disscison about it. I offered to do the same with Bristol I have years of expericence stay at Bristol campground. Though I could be helpful if "we" decided to go to Bristol. Thats all.

BIG_ZD

Keep me in the loop if it works out next year. We already have plans for this Septmeber but if it works out I would be interested in 2011.

troybilt71

just a thought for those going to bristol. earhart east campground is directly across the street from the track. 200.00 for the week, no hook ups. i think its like 500 for hook ups. you literally walk across the steet to the track no driving at all. we usually go up the sunday before and et a good parking spot.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have Bristol tickets (spring/fall) and camp less than a 1/4 mile from the track. TimDeb camped right across the street from the track (we were looking at the back of their LM from where we camped). Our schedule is pretty full this year but if something could be set up for 2011 we would definitely be interested. Maybe all of us HL's should try to get together sometime at Bristol.

BIG_ZD

Im in for Bristol spring race. Were staying this year at Race Day where TimDeb stay. We were going to look around to see if there was any other better spots to camp at that is on somewhat level ground. We tent campded the last few years in a guys yard down the road from where Nabo stays. This year being the first with the camper I wanted to make sure I had a good spot then we were going to look around and see what we could find. I see how they cram some of those campers in there!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jason - just look down the hill and look for a Big Horn & Big Country, that's where we are. We camp at 186 Campgrounds which is owned by Gail & Denise Mancl. Sites are tight but have H20 and 50 amp service in one part of the cg or you can camp with no services in another area. We have been there for 7 years and the Mancl have tried to help us out in everyway. They do have a security guard, a policeman from GA, who patrol in the late evening, trying to keep the drunks under control (ha). The Mancl's home number is 423-538-5562 or I can give you our cell numbers and invite you to come down for a visit.

BIG_ZD

A buddy at work has 4 Bristol spiring tickets if anyone is interested pm me. He would sell them as two or four.