Rally has started

davebennington

Well everybody is here and the 3rd East Coast Rally has started. We have 6 units here with a couple of other Heartland units in the campground, I think they are here for bike week that just happens to coincide with our rally. Willow Tree Resort is one of the nicest campgrounds that you will ever find. The weather is cooperating this year nice days and cool nights. Will update everyone later, maybe we can get some pictures also,

Dave:D

jbeletti

Hi Dave and gang,

Glad you are having fun once again at the 3rd annual Myrtle Beach rally. Wish I could be there with you guys but you know how it goes.

Hope you can make contact with the other Heartlanders in the CG. We have always tried when we see others in a CG when we have rallies but have had little success in getting them to join us for anything. Many of them have never heard of the forum and don't go online. Best of luck.

Have fun at the rally!

Jim

BJ'sDad

Dave and all,
Sorry I couldn't make it this year, just started a new job a couple weeks ago and things have been a little too hectic here and couldn't get the time off.

Hopefully next fall I'll have time off saved up so I can make it a long weekend, it sure was nice last year after the biker's were all gone, much more peaceful.

My vote would be to hold the Rally one weekend later if at all possible next year.:confused:

CampingJunkie

We so wanted to join everyone for this rally but we are deep into Club Soccer right now with games every weekend and in different places. So hopefully next year we will be able to make it.

troybilt71

well i hope everyone had as good of a time as we did. the weather was perfect, and the accomidations were awsome. the group was great too, and there was some pretty darn good food to be had as well.

thanks to everyone who made this such a great weekend.

jgoddardg

We'll be there next year. Retiring on 1/1 and eagerly awaiting the opportunity to attend some of the rallies and shows. Myrtle Bch is one of our favorite places.

davebennington

I think everyone had a good time at the rally, we are still at Willow Tree getting ready to pack up the "Mosey On" and do just that. Next stop Augusta,GA. BJ's dad is correct it is really peaceful now that all the bikers have left. For those who are ready to attend next year I think we may be in a new place. The 2009 wagon master and the newly elected head of the also newly formed S.E. chapter of the Heartland owners camping club (Lets all give him a big hand for stepping up) will update I am sure. Well I have to finish packing up I will keep you informed as we mosey on.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I believe the 2008 Heartland SE Rally at Myrtle Beach was a success. We had a great time. I would like to thanks Willow Tree campgorund in Longs, SC for providing such a nice place to hold a rally. If anyone is looking for an outstanding campground with large level sites near MB, please consider Willow Tree. I would also like to thank Scott and Ray at Camper Country, the Heartland dealer in MB for putting on a great RV Clinic and allowing us to tour the new Heartland campers.

To give everyone a little run down on what went on during this weekend rally, Friday was the arrival date. Some were able to get there a day or so in advance and really get to enjoy the beautiful weather. Saturday we carpooled down to Camper Country for the RV Clinic. Ray covered topics like winterizing, roof cleaning, inspecting and re-sealing of calking and many other topics. Did you know that the way to remove the bugs from your coach is to wet the front of the rig,and dampen a regular old drier sheet. Rub the sheet across the bugs and they come right off. I'll be trying it out tonight! After the time at Camper Country, many of us stopped for lunch on the way back to Willow Tree. Late afternoon we all met for a wine tasting. Everyone brought a bottle of their favorite wine to share. That lead us to dinner. Hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken and eveyone brought side dishes. Talk about good eating! During the evening we all joined in at a campfire and shared experiences. On Sunday we all met for a fairwell breakfast and initial planning for next year.

The vote was to meet again on the 1st weekend in October 2009. That will be Oct. 2-4. We may meet again at Willow Tree but have elected to keep the options open for the time being. If anyone has another suggestion, we would love to hear it. Stay tuned as we will be posting pictures form the '08 rally shorlty hopefully in the "HOG" section of this forum.

Again, thanks to all that attended and we look forward to seeing all of you and many more next year!

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I think everyone had a good time at the rally, we are still at Willow Tree getting ready to pack up the "Mosey On" and do just that. Next stop Augusta,GA. BJ's dad is correct it is really peaceful now that all the bikers have left. For those who are ready to attend next year I think we may be in a new place. The 2009 wagon master and the newly elected head of the also newly formed S.E. chapter of the Heartland owners camping club (Lets all give him a big hand for stepping up) will update I am sure. Well I have to finish packing up I will keep you informed as we mosey on.

Dave,

I think the vote was rigged. I'm sure there were hanging Chads involved!

davebennington

Phil,That is what happens when you doze off or when you are out voted, don't worry you will do GREAT. Thanks for letting us attend the SE Heartland Owners Group even tho we live in VA.

I will post the pictures when I get a chance.

We are in Chattanooga, TN now and will go to Hardin, KY tomorrow.

Dave