Rally Update for 01-Feb-2006

jbeletti

Hi folks,

I just wanted to post a quick rally update as of 31-Jan-2006:

Factory Meeting: Today, I met with Scott Tuttle at the Heartland factory to further plan various aspects of the rally. Scott continues to be the our Landmark contact and is our 2006 factory coordinator for the rally

Supplier Presentations/Other Clinics/Heartland Products Display:
Also today, Scott Tuttle and I met with Dometic and Lippert and we teleconferenced with Great Lakes RV Center (the local Heartland dealer) to gauge their interest in the rally and get their commitments. I am happy to report that we will have these key suppliers and more (working with Fan-tastic Vents next) at the rally. These suppliers have also pledged support in various ways. As soon as all the details are worked out, I will post more on this. Supplier presentations (operation and maintenance plus Q&A on appliances and major systems) are planned for Friday morning. We are also planning for Great Lakes RV Center to display several new Heartland trailers. I am considering coordinating a seminar on using the Entertainment System. Are there any specific topics that anyone would like to see covered? PM or email them to me so we may consider them.

Minor Adjustments/Tweaks/Fixes:
We’ve received commitments from the Heartland factory and key suppliers to have Heartland techs and RV repair techs on-hand to take care of what I am calling minor adjustments, tweaks and fixes – on-site. This is currently being planned for Friday afternoon. Rally participants will be asked in advance of the rally for their “top 5” list of items that fit the criteria of what can be taken care of at the rally. Rally participants that submit item(s) that are deemed by the factory to require material, equipment and/or labor that cannot be supplied in the context of a rally will be asked to make arrangements before or after the rally to have those items taken care of.

Amish Dinner: During a TrailManor rally in 2004, we attended an Amish dinner in the barn of an Amish family (Country View Banquets) that hand-prepared a fantastic meal for us. This location is no longer available but I am looking for something similar to this for our Friday evening meal.

Factory Plant Tour / Owner Roundtable: Heartland has several plants in the area. As it stands now, the working plan is to take a group on Saturday morning through one or more of these plants to give everyone a feel for how Heartland trailers get constructed and to see the various Heartland models at different stages of construction. The working plan calls for Heartland to provide transportation for the tours. Upon return to the fairgrounds, we are planning to hold an Owner Roundtable discussion with the factory.

Lunch/hopping/Touring the Area: Saturday afternoon, we plan to keep the bus used for the factory tour and use it to to take the group into Middlebury for lunch at Das Dutchman Essenhaus, then on into town and perhaps even Shipshewana for sightseeing, shopping and just taking in the area in general. I understand that this proposed shopping/tour model may not suit everyone. Some may want to follow the bus to the Essenhaus for lunch, then head out on their own for the afternoon. That would work fine. Others may want to pass on the lunch at Essenhaus and do their own thing all afternoon and this too is fine. Our hope is to have some planned structure to this event but leave it flexible for those who would like that flexibility.

Unplanned time: While we have tried to structure much of the rally, the way in which it is structured allows for each person to decide what events/activities they wish to participate in. The first day of the rally, Thursday has been pretty much left open. This will allow people to arrive and setup camp as they arrive in town at various times throughout the day. We may add an on-site social activity in the evening.

More volunteers needed:
Thank you to all who have come forward already and chosen an area that they would like to volunteer to help out in. We do need additional volunteers in other areas however. I would like singles or couples in the following areas:

• Trailer Parkers/Greeters - most of these slots are filled but I’d like to have volunteers as backups – just in case we need more help
  • Social Activity Coordinators for on-site activities
  • Social Activity Coordinators for off-site activities (shopping, touring etc.)
  • Meal Planning/Preparing/Cleanup Coordinators
  • Vendor presentation Coordinator
  • Photography (more than one person would be great – take photos and get them to Admin for posting on Rally website)
In all cases, while the coordinators are leads, they are also working coordinators and they need helpers!

If you are interested in volunteering in any of these areas, please email or PM me.

Twelve more spots remain!: As of today, only 12 spots remain. This means that we have filled 18 spots in a very passive way. As soon as the agenda update is completed, we will be making an aggressive push to fill the remaining spots. If anyone on this forum is on the fence about attending, please make your decision soon as I would like to see all current forum members get an opportunity to attend before I ask the factory to push a Rally Notice out to their dealer network.

Ideas??: If anyone has other thoughts and ideas about events and activities for this rally, please PM or email them to me.

Look for an official agenda update in the month of February. Rally registrants will get an agenda via email.

Thank you,

Jim

PS: Since this is a work in progress, please understand that these plans are subject to change. Some real examples: We’re not solid on the bus just yet. I don’t have the Amish dinner lined up yet, etc., etc.

davebennington

Hi Jim,

It pains me to say we will not be able to attend the rally, especially after suggesting that Heartland owners put togeather a rally, but Julie is still working and there is a conflict that week. You have no idea how much we wanted to go, perhaps next year.

Dave:(

jbeletti

Sorry to hear that Dave. No matter when or where an event is held, it will never work for everyone - that's for sure.

Depending on how successful, fun and useful this first one is will determine if we'll do another formal rally. Of course, nothing ever stops a group of owners from having their own informal (or formal) gatherings/rallies etc.

As more Heartlands are sold, there's more of a chance that we'll run into other at some point.

Take care Dave and Julie!

Jim