Ram 3500 DRW 2013 Prep Kit - Rail kit

DesertThumper

The mopar rail kit took less than a week to be delivered from Mopar. Got everything installed by my RV guys along with a Husky hitch. Anyone currently using a husky fifth wheel hitch? Just wondering. Thanks!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have a Husky hitch that is 6 years old. I did remove the slider part and went with the standard stands/supports. I have done a few other mods to take the slop out of it.

BTW, have you thought about coming to the reginal rally in October?

DesertThumper

I have a Husky hitch that is 6 years old. I did remove the slider part and went with the standard stands/supports. I have done a few other mods to take the slop out of it.

BTW, have you thought about coming to the reginal rally in October?

Hi. I asked my co pilot (wife) about partaking with the upcoming rallys being held around the states. It might be better for us to commit at a later date event. We will be joining the rallies and other real soon though. Thanks for asking and look forward to meeting wonderful people like yourself.

DesertThumper

I have had two Husky 16k hitches. Both were good but had to upgrade due to weight of cyclone.

Husky-26k.jpg
Are you still using a Husky for your Cyclone? My Hitch on hole # 3 in the pic seems to be to high when hooked. What adjustment level are you set too? With no air bags yet installed, my DRW squats to much. Can't wait to get the bags to level it evenly.
DRW-Squat.jpg

Let me know what your thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time.

DesertThumper

Here is part two of my reply back & Suggestion needed to ramdually4100king below:

Check out how it sits in the pic. Either my eyes are blurry or I am seeing straight. The trailer needs to go down by dropping the hitch adjustment to #1 or 2 in the other pic. What do you think? Once my air bags are installed, the squatting go's away with maybe 30 LBS of pressure and will look level along with the trailer after the hitch adjustment. Any feed back would be great from you or anyone on the portal.. Thanks!
DRW_RW.jpg

ramdually4100king

No I went to a Reese 20k slider with a 5000 lbs tongue weight. Husky sliders didn't have the weight rating I was looking for (at least 19k loaded weight with 5k tongue weight). I loved the husky full bar lock instead of the pincers on the Reese. I also wanted the slider because if you have it you will never use it... But if you don't have it you will need it.

With the husky I believe I was set up in the second holes from the top.

I recommend going with an extra leaf instead of the air bags. I had the same squat you had and some serious axle wrap. Adding a leaf spring added an inch to the rear and it holds the cyclone level. I can use it as a daily driver without worrying about filling/deflating the bags or worrying about a leak when driving.

DesertThumper

Ram Dually, thanks for your response back. I will adjust the hitch to 1 or 2 pin hole. The bedliner to the bottom of the 5ver front is 10 1/4 inches apart. Hoping to be at 6 to 8 inches after adjusting the hitch.

I hear ya on the add a leef. Probably go with the firestone bags. I've had good success with them with all four dodges I've own.

Wife and I will be picking up today my viar air compressor system and air bags at four wheel parts. I will be having fun installing this afternoon and the next day. Thanks again ramdually!

DesertThumper

Thanks for all the feedback with my thread here. I completed the TV except for the external tank. I dropped my hitch down to the top holes of the hitch plate. Before: 10 1/4 inches. Now it sits at 8 inches. I am measuring from the top of the truck bed to the bottom of the front fifth wheel cab. It sits level now including 25-40lbs of air bag pressure.

Everyone have a great week ahead.