Ram 3500 Mega Cab Slider or Not

GWRam

New truck and moving hitch.

Have a Ram 3500 Mega cab and trying to decide on hitch adapters. Reese window box or Curt OEM leg adapters. With the reese window box I can just drop my current Q24 with slider into place and pin it. The Curt OEM legs I just put the Q24 head without slider into the legs. About a $100 dollar price difference between the two, the reese being cheaper.

Big question, Is anyone towing a Gateway with a Ram 3500 Mega cab or CC with short bed, and have you ever needed your slider? We did not ever need the slider in our Ram 2500 CC short bed. On level ground we could go to 90* and still have clearance. Tried once just to see.

I like the look of the Curt legs, but then can't mount the slider.

Gonna order one or the other today or tomorrow. Just looking for info from anyone who knows about the clearance.

Thanks

Dave

B

Boatman

We have a 3500 RAM Longhorn Mega cab with a 20K Curt slider. Pulling our 3875FB Big Horn we have never had to use the slider. However I would rather have it and not use it, than need it and not have it available. The front design of our Big Horn, negate the use of a slider, even having a 6'4" box. Good luck on whatever you decide on.

GWRam

Boatman,
Thanks for the reply. Since I already have the slider I have been leaning toward keeping it just in case.
Did you use the reese window frame bed adapter or something different?