Range Hood heat Bubbled

We love our Bighorn 2008 3670RL which we've had since new. But a probelm with our Jensen Range hood has slowly gotten worse. There is a pressure sensitive strip on the front of the hood and it is shrinking and bubbling from the heat of the gas burners below. It really looks awful and we are not sure how to deal with it. Can the strip be removed... I can't see getting a new strip to replace it as it will probably do the same thing. The only purpose the strip serves is to display the name of the manufacturer and to identify the light and fan switches. Has anyone else dealt with this problem???

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had the same issue but mine was that way from new. I finally removed it. It was very difficult to remove. I used a heat gun and slow peel method. Any remaining adhesive was removed with WD40. Looks OK but definitely better than before.

bertha

I have had that problem since the very beginning with my 3670. The dealership was to get me a new one but the order got lost 3 times. (since 2yrs ago) Now they tell me that the Jensen range got bought out and can't get the replacement. Mine was really bad. So I peeled away the corner(not where it was bubbled) and the paint came off in spots. Now I'm really not happy. The dealership hasn't gotten back to me but this just happen today.

jbeletti

I spoke to Purchasing about this and they told me that Heartland Customer Service should be able to order the Jensen Range Hood decal.

Please call them at 877-262-8032.

Jim