Range Vent

2010augusta

here is what the factory did on my 2010. I didn't even notice it was latched closed until I looked at it after reading this thread. the little clips keep it closed, or act as bumps to keep it from slamming closed.

Attachments

• DSCN1729 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1729 (Small).JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN1730 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1730 (Small).JPG
    21 KB · Views: 42

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Basically Alan I have the same on my 2009. It's the one thing sometimes I forget to latch when we get on the road. Also during windy days and nites, it can get quite loud. There are 2 little clips that if you are 5'10" or taller you should be able to open and shut at will. If you are having problems, then shut it at night and open it when you cook.

That picture that shows the door in the vent, priceless. Never had one of thos in our newer unit. Our unit is a 2009, and the wind has been blowing in from the get go. Can you buy the door to install in the vent??? That will teach me to make sure the Tech does the entire walk through. He sucked, and the more we travel full time with this unit the more we understand just how much he didn't show us.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Brogie,
It may have never been put on your rig. I would think its a warranty issue, although for 20 bucks it doesn't sound like its worth it.