Rear cap

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the rear cap is the back of the coach. Some are fancier than others.
I noticed that in your other posts you are interested in a Gateway.
I did not see an option for a different rear cap on Heartlandrvs web site.
Where did you hear about a rear cap option?

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

The rear cap is the back of the RV... Some are one piece fiberglass, some are not.. Some have windows, others do not... etc..

Dave, Actually, I was originally interested in the Big Country, which lists the "rear cap" as an option. Just sot of stumbled across the Gateway today and really like one of the floorplans and the more upscale interior. The more I look at it though, I'm not sure that the base coach is as good as the BC. Just started researching it.

brianharrison

What is a rear cap, and why would we want one? Thanks.

Some trailers are only framed in and covered with fiberglass sheeting. Looks square on the back or rear. Tail lights are usually mounted on the surface as a bolt on. My old trailer did not have a rear cap.

Where it is offered as an option or added as a standard feature - a rear cap is a molded fiberglass (or other material) that comes out of a mold - it is shaped/contoured and usually has rear lights integral with the cap (ie not bolted to surface). My current Landmark has a rear cap.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 53
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 43

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Adds class to an other wise flat back coach. The BC with the added back caps really look nice. Go look at BC's with and without it. They look like a BH or LM.

Agree Bob that they do make the coach look classier. Replacing light lenses will be more expensive though. I wonder if it helps any with fuel milage. It is listed as part of the Big Country package "on select models" so I need to contact Heartland to find out if I need to select it as and option or not.

jimtoo

Also on some units, it may be called a "Forced Option" in the order process. Then you would get it if you wanted it or not.

Jim M