Receiver hitch for Big Country 3950FB and full-timers mail service

k-f-Indiana

Does anyone know where to buy a receiver hitch for a cargo carrier for our particular rig?

Also, in the past, I have read your posts on mail service when traveling full time. The preferred one seemed to be South Dakota. However, we intend to spend the majority of our time in Texas. Any new opinions or preferences? I often use the "search", but it brings up so many posts that don't apply to my query, and I don't have the patience to cull through them.

Thanking you in advance,

MCTalley

The Escapees Club runs a mail service and has a campground in Livingston, Texas. Several folks, including us, use that service and make Texas their "home" (basically getting your vehicles inspected, and getting plates for them and drivers' licenses and voter registration for yourselves). The Escapees group helps you through the entire process. Really not difficult at all.

Can't help you with the hitch question.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We use a private mail forwarding service in Texas that is patterned after the Escapees services. They furnish us with a PO Box and a street address for our drivers licenses (requirement).

k-f-Indiana

We use a private mail forwarding service in Texas that is patterned after the Escapees services. They furnish us with a PO Box and a street address for our drivers licenses (requirement).

Is the private service you are using available anywhere in Texas, or is it only for a certain area?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Being fulltime means it makes no difference where you spend most of your time...select your mail forwarding service based on the best State in which to claim residence. We chose SD because it only has a 3 % excise tax, no state income tax, lower insurance rates, no inspections, etc., etc. In addition, we own property in Texas, but do not claim it as our residence.

We will actually spend most of this year in Tennessee...no problem, we have our mail on a twice monthly schedule being delivered to the place we are staying currently. When we move we put the mail back on will call...

JonV

Does anyone know where to buy a receiver hitch for a cargo carrier for our particular rig?

Our dealer had one made and installed when we bought our trailer. Most dealers should be able to help you put or know someone that can do it for you.