Reception interference on TV when using 12v.....

Good morning. I have a 2016 Cyclone 4113. When watching TV, if we use a ceiling vent fan or if the furnace comes on, we get interference on the TV. Like we are not getting good reception. Does not matter if we are using the antenna or cable. Also does not matter if we are on shore power or generator...Thoughts? Thanks for your time in advance, Jeff

MP_CS

Our Sundance does the same except the furnace doesn’t affect it. Following!

wdk450

Check the "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this webpage. The vent fans and furnace blower fan are DC electrical motors with contact brushes and a commutator on the motor armature. This causes electrical sparking inside the motors, which generates large amounts of radio frequency interference (RFI). Making electrical sparks is the way that Marconi did the earliest radio transmissions. Adding small ceramic capacitors, or car radio electrical noise filters across the power leads right at the motors is the best way to reduce this electrical noise. The motor power lead wires act as transmitting antennas. The entire 12 volt power system wiring can be 1 big transmitting antenna. Substituting fans with brushless motors does the trick, too.

Here is 1 12 volt filter off of E-Bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-Aut...ash=item361d395734:g:JdwAAOSwIcdZcaF8&vxp=mtr If you filter the furnace blower motor, be sure that the filter you use can pass the number of amps the furnace draws.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My furnace doesn’t bother the TV, but the original 12V exhaust fans (bedroom and bathroom) did. Changed both to Heng Vortex fans and no more static. Better air movement, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk