Recliners in the 2014 Bighorn 3570 RS

Kekidd

Has anyone else had a problem with the recliners in the Bighorn 3570 RS? They are so loose that you cannot remained reclined without physically holding the recliner back. It's the only recliner that I have owned where I'm more tired when I get out of it than I was before I sit down.
im wondering if there is a way to tighten them. I have looked for a wing nut to tighten up but have not been able to locate one.

Regards
Kim Kidd

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We never have liked the recliners in any of the coaches we have bought. The first thing we do is take the recliners out, store them and putting in the Euro Chairs we bought from a local furniture store. When it's time to trade, we take the Euro Chairs out and put back in the recliners. Plus the stools of the Euro Chairs act has extra seating for more than a couple of guest. When traveling, we flip the stools into the seat of the chairs.
BC Living Room facing toward rear window.jpgBC Living Room facing toward rear slide.jpg

guyc66

I think you will find this problem with the recliners installed by Heartland is rather common. I believe it is a design issue more than anything, but I'm not sure there is an easy fix next to replacing them with something of better quality. I've learned to live with it, but will probably upgrade them in the future. Maybe someone who has found a repair solution will chime in.

Dumboldles

You guys stole my idea. I'm also considering Euro chairs to replace the original recliners that take up lots of room in our 3010re. Trying to figure out what to do with the recliners.

Dumboldles

Kekidd

Thanks for the replies. Patty and I are going to start looking at new chairs? Does the back on the euro chairs lay back. I sleep a lot in the chairs.

Thanks
kim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you have a La-Z-Boy store near you, they have very knowledgeable salespeople that can help fit you to the right chair for your needs.

If we hadn't changed rigs, we were seriously looking at a fully electric reclining loveseat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The Euro chairs do recline back to about a 45 degree which was about as far as the recliners in our Big Country did. Heartland has change furniture manufacturers many time since our 08 BC so I'm not sure how the newer recliners work.

sengli

We replaced the Rv furniture with home type furnishings shortly after we got our rig. We got theater seating in place of the recliners. And got a couch w/o the bed feature, that has recliners on either end. Looks nicer and is alot more comfortable. Due to the size of the rear area in the back(opposing slides) of the coach, our couch needed to be right at 36" deep. We went to the furniture rows store and found the "joshua" series fit perfect. I know this isnt the top of the line furniture, but it was for our anytime camper.

Attachments

• IMAG0344.jpg
    IMAG0344.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Heartland has change furniture manufacturers many time since our 08 BC so I'm not sure how the newer recliners work.

The recliners in our BH are for folks vertically challenged and the footrests do not lock in the up position. I bought an ottoman that matches close so when I sit in one I use that to prop up my feet. DW won't let me swap them out as they "fit" her !!
Next rig will have theater seating which unless HL changes vendors seems sized about right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

If you are ordering a trailer and it will be built at the factory can you order it without any furniture with a credit on the purchase price? This would allow you to the buy the quality and type of furniture you want.
Don

jrd3

John & Debbie
We had issues with the recliners before we left the dealer (wouldn't recline). As soon as we got home I pulled them out and sold them. We replaced them with a reclining love seat much like the theater seating. You can find many options that will fit. This option is much easier for travel, no more moving the heavy recliners in and out and strapping them down.

sengli

Way back in 2013, when we ordered our coach, yes you could opt out of the factory included furniture, but they dont give you much of a credit.