Reese fifth wheel wear on inside pivot

Bones

Curious. Any idea how many miles are on it? Also, what environment is it in? Any salt air? Also, even if it looks better now, if it's got play in it, I'd replace it. I've got a Reese Elite - only has 12k on it but looks like new. I also use Red Line CV-2 - a high pressure grease. Ultimately, I'd contact Reese and get a replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this question was for me. I think I am over 10k miles on the hitch. The hitch is three years old. It has seen salt air from time to time however it spends it's life under a cover unless towing and in the garage during the winter months. It has very little rust on it. Just binds on occasion and bangs around a bit.

CDN

B and B
Hello I have the same hitch 5 years old, well greased with high quality wheel bearing grease and no wear. I have used a Revolution and now a Sidewinder Pin Box. With the wedge on both (I took the wedge with me) I have some issues when first setting the wedge up but grease and lots of it in the right place makes it work well. I make sure I clean the hitch off twice a season and re grease all surfaces. It might be possible the paint was faulty from day 1 and was not prepped correctly in the manufacturing process.

rono

It was always stored in a garage and creased. I've always had some issues with the hitch. But no longer B&W is installed and like I said smooth as silk. Anyone needing a Reese that fits ford make me an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk