Reese Mounting Kit Adapter for RAM

GWRam

Anyone using the Reese mounting kit adapter on their RAM to mount your hitch?

I just purchased one and would like to know if yours fit ok.
Could you measure your adapter frame from left to right at the front locks and the same at the rear locks?
The unit I recieved late friday doesn't just drop in on the front.
When measured the frame at front lock width is 1/16" shorter than the rear measurement. The
parts that are supposed to drop into the truck frame on the front look to be about 1/16" too short.

If yours didn't fit easily initially what did you do to get it to fit?

Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Those adapters may have to drop straight down into the holes.
If you try to drop the rears in first then lower the front the holes will not line up. They must all drop in at the same time.

Peace
Dave

Bohemian

There should be some adjustments. No 2 Rams are exactly the same. Just approximately the same.

GWRam

If either of you have the adapter does yours measure as a rectangle? Mine is a trapezoid. 45" across the rear 44 6/8" across the front.

I realize no two are the same. And will mess with it some more this afternoon. It didn't seem to matter how we set it in one of the front locks would not line up.
Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have the Reese system but I do have the Curt.
When I first installed it I had to loosen the cam levers and the adjusting nuts, then drop it in and set the tension adjusting nuts.
I suspect that the Reese system should be similar.

Peace
Dave

GWRam

Ok. I wanted the curt adapter but wanted to keep my slider. Never needed the slider in the 2500 but I couldn't find anyone with a mega cab and a gateway to find how the clearance will be. Curt suggested the Reese window frame adapter to keep the slider. I will make a few adjustments and see if the Reese will fall into the slots. Thank you for the information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sengli

I had one of the reese adapters initially, and it fit fine in the RAM frame system. Man that square framed unit is heavy. It does have to drop in straight, there is no slop in the way the pins fit correctly. Before I used it though, I changed my mind and went with the CURT rail adapter system since I had a curt hitch.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 20