Refrigerator Cooling Solved

Redrider007

Thought I would share some help instead of asking. My Norcold refrigerator would typically run on level 7 for cooling. I noticed one of the exterior fans wasn’t working and found no way to replace it easily. I installed two fans on the vent cover (YouTube);found a 150 cfm (about double stock cfm) And could squeeze it in via the lower vent cover to push air up through upset vent. Both installs relatively easy Wired to thermostat. What really made the difference was the 5 fan blower inside the fridge blowing on the evaporator fins. This unit keeps all frost off (5 fans going at I think 1.25 amps) and is a game changer. My fridge stays at the lowest level in the green cool range on thermometer. I only up temp if I’m putting warm food in. It’s been 80-90 degrees here and fridge is keeping perfect at lowest cooling level.97F43ECD-3B48-4A32-8593-3A8DBC2979CF.jpeg

rhodies1

I thought I had a fan stop ,upon investigation from top vent-all was fine but I added a 3 rd fan while I was investigating.my fans are located at opening at top vent,I just removing the wall baffle and there they where just a few inches below vent opening. very easy to access:

wdk450

A few years back I was fighting high internal temperatures in my Dometic NDR1214 (?) refrigerator section, and noted that while the refrigerator ambient temperature was above the mid 30's F I like, the condensate drops dripping off the aluminum fins WERE FROZEN. This said to me that not enough internal refrigerator ambient air cooling exchange was happening. I purchased about 8 small (40mm x 40mm) IC chip cooling fans off of E-Bay ( like these - https://www.ebay.com/itm/384200898554?hash=item59742877fa:g:Fq4AAOSwL~Zgtv6x ), super glued them together side-to-side, soldered all of the wires into 1 feed wire that I connected to the 12 volts DC supply at the interior light, and placed the fan assembly at the top of the aluminum finned cooling exchanger blowing down onto the fins. This made a BIG difference in the refrigerator cooling internal temperatures, and I no longer observed the frozen condensate drops.

This is one of my home-brew tinkers, instead of buying new, pre-made stuff, and saving some money.