Refrigerator DC power consumption

Miller0758

Does anyone know off hand how much the refrigerator draws from the battery while running on gas? Our unit is in storage without access to AC and I was wondering how long I could run the refer while not connected. I was hoping to fire up the refer a couple of days before heading out so I don't need to pack a cooler until it cools down. Thanks, John

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Roughly 2 amps per hour.

I know I can run my fridge for at least 4 days on gas/battery. Not sure how many days but so far 4 has been easy.

I have North Trail with Dometic 6 Cu Ft fridge.

Miller0758

Dan, Unfortunately the rig is in SC and we're in NJ and the manuals are in the rig. It's the black one with the white interior ... Lol. I'll take a look at the nameplate when I get down there ... Just was hoping someone may have an idea.

wdk450

You might think of a small solar panel to keep the battery system topped off. Be aware that your LP detector alarm is wired into the 12 volt battery system, and pulls a little power all the time the battery is connected.

Mrsfish

You might think of a small solar panel to keep the battery system topped off. Be aware that your LP detector alarm is wired into the 12 volt battery system, and pulls a little power all the time the battery is connected.

We use a small 100 watt portable panel. It keeps the batteries topped off very well. We are able to stay 'off the grid' for 2 weeks. Granted we are frugal power users, but it does work very well for us.

Jim.Allison

Just say your circuit boards and your LP alarm uses 1 amps at 12v. and you have a 100 amp hour battery. You can run your rig for 50 hours before you have used 50% of it capacity.

My LP alarm uses .1 amps, your circuit boards probably use .2 amps so lets say you are using .3 amps. and you have a 100 ah batt. 100 X 50% = 50 amp hours available without damaging your batts. 50 ah/.3 = 166 hours. you can add about 10% to that because the rate at which you are drawing is very small.

Using this, your battery will be dead in 300 hours or 12.5 days.

Does anyone know off hand how much the refrigerator draws from the battery while running on gas? Our unit is in storage without access to AC and I was wondering how long I could run the refer while not connected. I was hoping to fire up the refer a couple of days before heading out so I don't need to pack a cooler until it cools down. Thanks, John