Refrigerator fan motors

Gary521

Perhaps, the phrase "bad design" is not correct but the fridge venting system with the fridge in a slide is not the best. The execution of the system as manufactured could be better. We have shown a couple ideas to help here.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OEM fridge (Dometic 2862) still freezes the ice cubes for my booze and keeps the beer cold for chasers. 2009 BH 3670 has it in the slide. I did add the double fan recirculating attachment on the inside fins, though, and have a battery fan sitting on the bottom shelf.

But then, I don’t park my rig in an oven, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7T7

Yes, it is a bad design to put an ammonia RV refrigerator in a slide, but tens of thousands of Rv like this are out there. Right now i am in 108 degree heat, the add-on digital readout says 2.8 degrees C (about 37 degrees F), and the inside hanging bimetallic dial refrigerator thermometer says 20 degrees. There is frozen condensation droplets at the bottom left of the inside refrigerator cooling fins. I do find that my refrig cools better on propane heat on these very hot days.

I drew up a diagram of venting heat flow and an added baffle which is in our owners forum library. Go to the "Tools" tab, then the "Manuals" submenu, the appliances submenu, refrigerators and then your brand (Dometic) to get a listing of the manuals there.

Here is a link to that venting heat diagram. Please note that (at least with my refrig) the top of the condenser fins sit HIGHER than the heat outlet venting slots. That doesn't make for good venting of the hot heat exchange air to the outside. The ideal is the way a refrig is installed in a motorhome - with a straight vertical chimney vent to the roof for the venting air.
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org.../Refrigerator in Slide Baffle System Mod..pdf
Thank you for the diagram I will try that when we get home after this weekend of using ice chest to keep food cool.