Registering TV, Microwave after purchasing new rig.

Tomnbeth

Hi, my wife and I just purchased a new Charleston 365 and I am going through all of the documentation that came in the blue pouch. There are manufacturer's warranty documents to be completed but they are requesting model number and serial number. How are you supposed to get that from already installed products like the TV and microwave. If I supply the bin number to the factory will they be able to provide model and serial numbers for all the components installed?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi, my wife and I just purchased a new Charleston 365 and I am going through all of the documentation that came in the blue pouch. There are manufacturer's warranty documents to be completed but they are requesting model number and serial number. How are you supposed to get that from already installed products like the TV and microwave. If I supply the bin number to the factory will they be able to provide model and serial numbers for all the components installed?
I've never had a problem with warranty work as long as I had proof of the date I purchased the RV.

RoadJunkie

Tom...you are clearly a conscientious consumer regarding a desire to complete the warranty registration and it won't hurt to contact Heartland customer support to determine if they were also conscientious by logging the serial numbers prior to installation. I have my doubts about them logging the numbers, but it's worth the call.

I have also found that manufacturers don't rely on the consumer filling out the card to invoke warranty repair. Manufacturers can determine circa dates on their products if you supply the serial number upon failure of the product. At that point, you will have to remove the product anyway to repair or replace.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our tv went out in our new BC 4010RD just 2 weeks after taking delivery. I contacted Heartland Customer Service with my VIN, and provided photos of the tv not working (mounted to the wall, could not see the serial number.) They shipped us a new tv, and due to the fact our tv was now a discontinued model, they did not want the old one back.

Tomnbeth

Thanks for all the replies but we now have bigger issues to deal with. Purchased the rig last Friday and on Monday morning a slide out hydraulic line broke. While waiting for that to be fixed at a local Heartland service centre we are finding lots of warranty issues.