Relocation of tank/battery monitor panel

Booch

Anyone relocated their tank/battery monitor panel? In my 2016 Heartland North Trail 24BHS it's in the bathroom, and I've found this to be rather inconvenient since I have to extend the slide-out to get to it, in addition to stepping over all the gear when packed. I wish it was right inside the door like it was on my old Jayco.

I assume it's just a few wires. Is it just a matter of extending them, or moving them, or am I missing something? Are there any aftermarket options to consider?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

phoca_thumb_l_nt_24_bhs-930x523.jpg
Is this your floor plan ?
Where is it now and how far do you want to move it ?
Is it just the Tank and battery monitor system only ?
Anything is possible if your willing to pay the money or do the work. LOL

Attachments

• nt 24 bh.jpe
    nt 24 bh.jpe
    7.1 KB · Views: 26

GOTTOYS

After you get more used to your rig..You'll find you never look at it. The tank gauges never work just because of their design..When the toilet burps you dump it. When the shower or sinks back up you dump the gray tanks. Not much you can do about the battery if it goes dead..it goes dead..Just sayin..Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The monitor panel in our previous Trail Runner was in the bathroom, but we could walk through the trailer even with the slide in (rear kitchen instead of in the middle), plus it also had two entrance doors.

It was pretty accurate, and it seems that the monitor panel (same as the one we had in the Trail Runner, and most likely the same one in your North Trail) in our new Prowler so far seems to read pretty accurate as well.

Booch

View attachment 44138
Is this your floor plan ?
Where is it now and how far do you want to move it ?
Is it just the Tank and battery monitor system only ?
Anything is possible if your willing to pay the money or do the work. LOL

Yes, that's my floor plan. It's in the bathroom and I'd like to move it up closer to the door, where I don't have to move things around or extend the slide out to get to it. When packed and closed, it's difficult to access.

It is accurate, all though I got myself in trouble once thinking it wasn't accurate. I'm not looking for a new panel, I just want to move it where I can get to it easily when dumping or filling. I've got no problems running and splicing wires, just wasn't sure if there was more too it.

Is there an app for it, yet? :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Can you access/see the wire harness from uh under the trailer ?
If so is it 1 cord with multiple wires in it or a loom with a bunch of wires in it ?
You could just tap in to that harness and rum a multi wire cord over to where you want the new panel and leave that one there. Or pull it all out and add to it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Booch

Can you access/see the wire harness from uh under the trailer ?
If so is it 1 cord with multiple wires in it or a loom with a bunch of wires in it ?
You could just tap in to that harness and rum a multi wire cord over to where you want the new panel and leave that one there. Or pull it all out and add to it

Doubt it, as the bottom is pretty well sealed up with insulation. Sounds like it's just wires, which is good. So, I'll probably just pull the panel off and see if I can fish the wires somewhere else.