Remote for Slides

Gilmorj

We have a 2013 3650 Big Horn and need some help locating the "Brain" that is located some where on the RV. The owners manual does not give a clue. The factory sent us a new remote but no instructions on how to set set it up. Thanks. Jim

Garypowell

Don't have your model but fairly sure I found mine behind the basement wall on the door side. It had about 6 wires running into it and one of them ran to the light under the fold out steps.

It would take 3 of them to be the size of a pack of cigarettes.

Soon I plan on removing the stair light wire and putting it on a switch.

I took the remote and put in a drawer. Call me old fashion but just can't see myself running my rooms in and out with it. Since I found no instructions fear if I am moving a room and there is a problem figuring out how to stop it or if the battery went dead in the middle of an operation what would happen then

just too easy to pull your finger off the switch.

Saw a neighbor once using his and he seemed very relaxed as he ran around his unit using his. So I know it works. And fortunately my rooms did not move.

priorguy

The control unit for my North Trail 28brs is located under the dinette bench closest to the converter. I'd look near the converter as that's where everything is powered from anyway. Hope this helps. The dealer did point this out during the PDI.

danemayer

Hi gilmorj,

The brain is probably located behind one of the cabinets near the main entrance. To get a more specific answer along with instructions on how to sync the new remote, you'll probably have to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. have your VIN # ready.

If you'll post the instructions you get, we can make them available to other for future use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

priorguy

Garypowell, the remote is failsafe. Let go of the button and it stops. Mine works great because you can be outside the rig and watch the awning, slide, and stab-jacks for any binding or obstructions.

Gilmorj

Found the Brain, its up above the control panel, there are 4 screws to take out. The black button is on the left side. the instructions are one Homeland website and the remote is 206436 (obsolete use 260782) follow the instructions, good luck.

wdk450

I have crushed too many rolls of paper towels, small fans, blankets, pillows and the like to not be in the center of the rig so I can listen for the crunching sounds and limit the damage when I put out the slides. That was mostly in my first year of ownership, thank goodness.

Snow

Great tool to use on some things and vary simple but I do like to run my slide outs from inside like wdk450 I like to know what's going on but I use it all the time on jacks and awning .⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Since the great Pickle Jar incident of 2010 :)o) I have had a need to be inside where the action is when the slides are going in and out.