Remove valence

GandC

We have a 2008 Bighorn 3670 RL. Trying to remove valences to fix shades. Screws seem to be behind material covering. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Use a magnet to find them and a #2 square drive to remove them. They are flimsy and the fabric ratty. I rebuilt all of them on our previous 3670, replacing the Day/Nights with vertical blinds, but used the fabric to cover them. Along with fabric glue to keep the material from fraying more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

We have a 2008 Bighorn 3670 RL. Trying to remove valences to fix shades. Screws seem to be behind material covering. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
If these are the same valances as on our Road Warrior, you will need to feel where the screws are located. Last summer, wife wanted to recover all of the valances in the kitchen living room areas. It took all day doing this, but the rig looks allot better.
Our long vertical valances were secured by a couple of screws and the horizonal valances had several screws installed. As mentioned, a #2 square bit worked, the magnet ideal will also work.

GandC

I did finally find the screws, most were covered up with material. Its a big job to take down, a lot were screwed in on an angle. Another big job taking down the day/night pleated shades to restring. I'm looking at replacing with pull down shades that has a valance. Any suggestions on that is appreciated.

Thanks John and David

david-steph2018

I did finally find the screws, most were covered up with material. Its a big job to take down, a lot were screwed in on an angle. Another big job taking down the day/night pleated shades to restring. I'm looking at replacing with pull down shades that has a valance. Any suggestions on that is appreciated.

Thanks John and David
There is a lever you slide over and the shades will come right down, at least on our shades. Then there were 2 screws holding the bracket in place.

GandC

There is a lever you slide over and the shades will come right down, at least on our shades. Then there were 2 screws holding the bracket in place.
No brackets just screwed into wall. Two small windows and the large one in the back, I'm going to try to restring myself! :)