Removing TV on 300C??

Does anyone know how to remove the TV from this unit?

There was no TV installed when we bought it, just a couple of 2X4's in the corner by the door. Next time we saw it, there was a TV there. I'm assuming there is some kind of "trick" to getting it out, but I'd rather know what I was doing than to learn the hard way...again :rolleyes: I want to do some "A/V Magic" back there, but need to get in there first.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

sJv

I'd love to know as well! I've tried just lifting it up as it sounds like some Voltages are like that. I've tried getting my camera in the back to take pictures of the mount to see if I can see the trick. No luck so far.

-steve

71stang99

ditto. I sort of seen how it was mounted when i ran some HDMI cables for an accessory. I want to be able to put a different mount to it so its more articulated for better viewing on the couches.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know how to remove the TV from this unit?

There was no TV installed when we bought it, just a couple of 2X4's in the corner by the door. Next time we saw it, there was a TV there. I'm assuming there is some kind of "trick" to getting it out, but I'd rather know what I was doing than to learn the hard way...again :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

Dave
Dave, your dealer most likely had the TV out to prevent theft. So I would call him and ask how they removed it and or installed it.
Most likely an Allen head screw accessed from the bottom.

Peace
Dave

71stang99

Was anyone able to figure it out? I been trying for the last 1/2 hour without any luck. There were two screws just below the tv that screwed into the backing but those did nothing to release the TV. I have ran out of ideas and cannot see anything from the back holding it on. thanks

71stang99

Figured out how to do it, PITA.
Called customer service and they told me that it is secured from underneath with a 5/32 bit if its the 32" TV which mine is.
So on mine there was two fuel line hoses that led up to the bolts, no doubt a guide for the installers however they must have a special tool for it to fit into that diameter of fuel line.
Found the 'hose' on the right side and it had a wooden screw button cap on the bottom of the cabinet which popped off.
On the left the way to access the security bolt is to remove the control panel to access the hole on the left.
I ripped the hoses off as I did not have a tool that would work, tried every way to get it off with the 5/32 and it would not work, real PITA as the only way to guide the long extension is by squeexing your hand behind the TV, long story short I chewed some gum and stuck it on the extension to get an impression of the bolt pattern. The problem was that they failed to tell me it was a 5/32 security bit, once I found that out the left one came right out and the one on the right was the problem because the access hole where the wooden button was was smaller than my extension. I had to reem it out just enough for the 1/4 inch extensions.
The factory should have included the tool to remove the TV as this was such an idiotic design and should have been a simple job

Figured out how to do it, PITA.
Called customer service and they told me that it is secured from underneath with a 5/32 bit if its the 32" TV which mine is.
So on mine there was two fuel line hoses that led up to the bolts, no doubt a guide for the installers however they must have a special tool for it to fit into that diameter of fuel line.
Found the 'hose' on the right side and it had a wooden screw button cap on the bottom of the cabinet which popped off.
On the left the way to access the security bolt is to remove the control panel to access the hole on the left.
I ripped the hoses off as I did not have a tool that would work, tried every way to get it off with the 5/32 and it would not work, real PITA as the only way to guide the long extension is by squeexing your hand behind the TV, long story short I chewed some gum and stuck it on the extension to get an impression of the bolt pattern. The problem was that they failed to tell me it was a 5/32 security bit, once I found that out the left one came right out and the one on the right was the problem because the access hole where the wooden button was was smaller than my extension. I had to reem it out just enough for the 1/4 inch extensions.
The factory should have included the tool to remove the TV as this was such an idiotic design and should have been a simple job

71stang99,

Thanks for the info! Had a look at my TV this weekend and unfortunately, could find nothing like you mentioned. Maybe I have a different TV, or maybe they changed the mount for 2012 because the one in the 2011 wasn't a PITA enough! ;)

Anyway, I've dropped an email to the dealer where I purchased it, hopefully they can get me moving in the right direction. I'll post whatever I find out. Thanks!

71stang99

I have the 32" TV. The mounting bracket was a standard flat mount unit. It had six screws securing it to the backboard and the TV had the 'hook' portion attached to it. When it was attached to the backboard mount the set screws secured the 'hook' mount to the backboard mount. Remove the security 5/32 screws and it would lift off without a hassle. As stated below the hassle was removing and gaining access to those screws, good luck!

CrazyCooter

Mine has some king of moveable scissor mount that just pulls out. The bolts and wires are easily accessible. 32" here....

71stang99

I guess one of the short changes that was part of my trailer. Funny the different nuances with the same unit and in this case the same year. Perhaps I had an early production unit? I dont know but it was a PITA to change out without whatever tool the factory used to put the darn thing on.

Finally figured out how to get this TV out. Called the dealer, posted in Ask the Factory, but still no luck. Even called Customer Service, no luck there either. Amazing, 'cause the solution is so simple:

If you have a 2012 Cyclone 300C and you would like to remove the TV, look over the top of the TV, right near the ceiling. You will see 3 or 4 screws at the top of the board the TV is connected to. Remove those screws (carefully supporting the TV, it is heavy) and remove the TV. Don't forget to unplug the cables before lowering the TV.

Done.

The TV is mounted on a piece of plywood, and the plywood is attached to the 2 X 4 frame in the pictures below. Since it's mounted at a bit of an angle, the bottom of the TV mounting board cannot swing out, so there is no need for screws to hold it in.

TV Top Screws.jpg TV Mounting Bracket.jpg

I haven't even tried to get the bracket off, there's really no need, the whole works comes off with the TV.

Hope this helps somebody.

Dave

Last edited:

71stang99

My backing looked nothing like that, the mount was on the carpet covered black part hence the reason it needed to be accessed from underneath. glad it wasnt as much of a PITA as mine.