renting your camper out

HornedToad

I have set up my trailer at home for company to stay in when we have a full house for a holiday... That's as close to renting it out I'll get!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We always tell everyone that our rig only sleeps two.:p

We are on our third trailer since we got into RV'ing . . . first a 24'er, second a 28'er, and now a 34'er!

What I've noticed is that the larger we go . . . the less people the trailer will sleep!

CampSite-P9030033.jpg SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg ProwlerMonarchPass-P1010480.jpg

First one slept 8, second 5-6, and the 5'ver 3-4 people.

I have set up my trailer at home for company to stay in when we have a full house for a holiday... That's as close to renting it out I'll get!!!

Ours is always hooked up (electric and water, no sewer) next to our garage so we can use it for out-of-towners who come stay with us, plus we can use it whenever we want without having to hitch and haul!

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010703.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010701.jpg

alwaysbusy

Just a question that was brought up from friends of ours. Has anyone rented there camper out to other people? We have a friend that does it every now and then and was just curious.

Does anyone know where tom went? He probably fell asleep counting all the "no's". Rent our coach out? My wife's lucky I allow her to go along. LOL

mlpeloquin

If you follow RV forum posts for any length of time you'll get a sense of the kinds of mistakes that newbies (and experienced RVers) can make. Many of those mistakes can result in significant damage to the RV. All of the following are not unusual.

• Taking a turn too tight scraping the body against an obstacle.
  • Running over a curb causing axle damage.
  • Running the sidewall of a tire into a curb or other object, leading to a future blowout.
  • Backing into an obstacle.
  • Roof damage from a tree or other low-hanging obstacle.
  • Getting distracted while flushing the black tank.
  • Not following good practices with the black tank, leading to a poo pile or slow leak.
  • Failing to use a water pressure regulator leading to water leaks.
  • Leaving a cabinet door open when closing the slides.
  • Closing the bedroom slide while the cargo door is open.
  • Forgetting to lower the TV antenna.
  • Leaving behind accessories like the sewer donut.
  • Forgetting latch the shower doors or bedroom closet doors.
  • Not hitching correctly and dropping the trailer.

The list goes on....

As to how many things on this list come from personal experience --- I take the fifth.:rolleyes:

Ever see "CRUISE AMERICA" rigs? Keep and eye on just how hard non owners treat them. Slam, bang, and how fast they go over bad roads. Do you really want to loan your fifth wheel or trailer out? If you do, then sell it and purchase a real used one. That way you will not be out so much money.

IronJ

Oh he'll no...!!!..I cringe when I have to let employees drive the company trucks!!....lol..

You know how much crap I have to fix when just MY WIFE AND KIDS use it with me??..

We break enough stuff...we don't need help!! Lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish