Replace light options for halogen fixtures

Hello,

I'm not liking the small bulbs with two thin wires at all. I've cracked a couple this evening. Are there good replacement fixtures that use different styles of bulbs?i recognize there are LED for the same fixtures but they too use the same connectors. I'm hoping for a light that fits in the same space but use a different physical connection to the bulb.

Any experiences out there?

Thanks,

Tim

marvmarcy

I decided to just replace most of the 10w G4 Halogen bulbs with 150 lumen LED G4s at $6.95 each. It is much less work and cost than replacing all the fixtures, and the LED bulbs should last longer than the rv. Once installed, the new bulbs will never be replaced, whereas new fixtures with incandescent bulbs still require occasional bulb replacements. LEDs come in a wide range of brightness (lumens) and color (temperature), unlike the G4 halogens, so you can change your lighting scheme to your personal preferences, i.e., I changed the three vanity G4s to 240 lumen daylight LEDs for brighter, more natural light, instead of the halogen "yellow" light.

I'm replacing all incandescent bulbs in the rv with LED bulbs to reduce battery drain (we dry camp about 20% of the year) and to reduce hassle and cost of bulb replacements.