replace the day-night shade with another type

etcmss

been exploring replacement of the original day-night shade with a solar shade (like from blinds.com) and am wondering if other owners have also replaced. reason: the day night versions do nothing for solar heat reduction that heats the inside of the trailer/motorhome. have also considered installing an additional sun shade on the interior window (Velcro or magnet or ??) to cut the heat. coolaroo type material like for patio. any inputs appreciated.
trying to do this with cost in mind,everybody has something and the mcd version is more pricey than others.
blinds.com $127
mcd version $280

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We spent less than $150 buying inexpensive thermal curtains and trimming/hemming them to fit all our living area windows. Using the existing cornice boxes, I used tension rods to hold the curtains in place so they are easily removable for spring and fall, when heat/cold is not an issue.

Before deciding on this, I looked at similar thermal style roller blinds from IKEA, which are easily trimmed to fit and reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pegmikef

I had MCD day and night shades installed at the factory. I may have paid a little more than some others, but I really like the quality and they are American made (toured the factory and watched them being made). IMHO, they may be a little pricier, but they are worth it. . . . and they really cut down the heat while we can still see outside.