Replacement slide seals

wdk450

People have previously posted about "slide seal flippers", a small adhesive clip positioned at midpoint of the slide extension surfaces to help the long flap wiper seals flip correctly. I have never been able to come up with a source or illustration of this part for aftermarket installs. I finally used a small 3M Command clear plastic hangar hook with the hook opening closed up with a heat source and pliers for this purpose. As long as it stays adhered in place, this works pretty good. Install with closed end facing to the outside of the slide to make sure the seal flips out when extending slides. It is less important that the flap flips in when closing the slides as the D bulb seal will seal up the slide when it is closed.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Command-...oks-with-24-Adhesive-Strips-per-Pack/20533439

clear command clip.jpg

StrongJava

Is this what you meant? Ignore that fact that the photo rotated 90 degrees for some reason :)

IMG_1334.jpg

I came up with a better way to secure down the ends of the D seals. Instead of just a screw and a washer which tends to pull through the rubber seals, I put a drawer mending plate in place with 2 screws. The screws will not pull throuugh the seal rubber with the mending plate acting as the washer. See the following pic of a mending plate:

View attachment 47889