Replacing The 921 Bulbs With LEDs

scottyb

I think I counted 36 of the 921 bulbs in my rig. Since I am working toward more battery power and less shore power capabilities, I think changing all those bulbs is prudent. Has anybody done so successfully, and if so, what bulbs did you use. I have been on several of the recommended websites but there seems to be so many choices.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can buy the entire canister with LED's from Heartland Parts.
They pop right in the existing holes and all you will need are three small screws per fixture.
Think they are under $20 and probably cheaper than replacing the bulbs.

Peace
Dave

scottyb

That's not too bad. The bulbs I was looking at that I think replace them, are from $3 - $10 ea. I'm not opposed to replacing the fixtures. Where can one view parts from Heartland?

Tool958

I just replaced the 921's in ours with LED's that I bought off of Ebay. They are much cheaper than replacing the whole canister, which I think is unnesessary unless there is a space problem for the new bulb. There are several sizes and configurations in the bulbs themselves that should fit most fixtures out there.

scottyb

THIS IS THE BRAND. They are the 15 LED model.
A little whiter than the incandescent bulbs.
I have two that I've installed under a couple of cabinets.

Peace
Dave

It looks like mine are the Double Omega fixtures (1020 Lumens). LED replacement fixtures are $50. Board and Lens kits are $44 / pair. I have 14+ of these in my Cyclone, not counting the Single Omegas in service areas like UDC and genny compartment. Then there's probably a dozen recessed lights.

I just replaced the 921's in ours with LED's that I bought off of Ebay.

Tool 958, are you pleased with the results? If so, do you have a link to the ones that you purchased? The w

alaska dodge

I replaced mine with LEDs by starlight, the bulb is a 259LM Natural light. They are great and really bright

Tool958

They are like these bulbs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-WHITE-T1...es&hash=item3a808d1454&vxp=mtr#ht_1469wt_1160
There are several different configurations of these types of bulbs. Some are made to replace a round bulb while others are made to replace a flat, round type bulb. I don't know exactly what your particular fixture is made like, but you can do a search for the 921 LED Bulb on E-Bay and I'm sure you can find your particular one. They are way more reasonably priced and most are shipped for free. I think the ones I bought were actually shipped from Hong Kong and have been reliable and as bright if not brighter than the original bulb.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Dave, I was going to call Heart Land to find out if they sold them or I would have to get them somewhere else.
Heartland does sell them and I think they are a little less money there.

Peace
Dave

Mizmary

We have tried two different kinds. A flat one - which is terrible. And a round one similar to the ones Tool posted. I would go with the round ones that give light in all directions. I noticed that there is a huge difference in the spread and as I like the brightness, I actually prefer the incandescent. But it's nice not to drain the batteries.

oldmannj

http://m4products.com/ is the company I got my LED strip from. They have pretty much any type of led bulb. At the same time they seem a bit less costly than most , and SUPPORT the club with freebies and such for the goodie bags. They were quite generous to us for the NJ rally this year. ED.