Replacing the recessed lights with the new recesed LED lighting fixtures.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
UPDATE: Replacing the recessed lights with the new recesed LED lighting fixtures.

I now have all 6 LED lights installed. Here is a bit of info that might help if you plan to install them..

If your existing lights have a 2" base you will need to make the hole bigger. Mine are 3¼”. On each slide there was at least one light opening that was right next to the old fixture opening so I could not center the new fixture directly over the existing hole.

When cutting the 3¼” opening you should get a hole saw that has fine teeth. Mine had corse teeth and it kept getting cought in the grain and jumping around. I did make a hole in a piece of scrap material that I had to keep me straight on the hole but the blade jumped around to much with the corse teeth that I reversed the direction of the drill and was able to still cut the hole. I had to take a knife and open the new hole a small amount for the new plastic fixture to be pushed into the hole. Tight fit.

Wiring was easy. Tucked the wire back out of the way when drilling the new holes. You will need 3 recessed screws for each fixture and they nee to be quite small..

Pat really likes the new lights. They are much brighter... They are also easier to install and take out compared to the old ones..

To Heartland:
Good job on these new recessed lights. A good step up... Thanks.

BC

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: UPDATE: Replacing the recessed lights with the new recesed LED lighting fixtures.

We are picking our LEDs from Heartland on Monday. Bob, are you heading to/or at the rally yet? Might have to come pick your brain. Thanks

danemayer

Screws are #6 x 3/4" wood. Phillips head will be easier to work with. 3 per fixture. Not included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: UPDATE: Replacing the recessed lights with the new recesed LED lighting fixtures.

We are picking our LEDs from Heartland on Monday. Bob, are you heading to/or at the rally yet? Might have to come pick your brain. Thanks

Nabo.. No problem.. You can pick what little brain I have. You may be disappointed..... LOL..

Screws are #6 x 3/4" wood. Phillips head will be easier to work with. 3 per fixture. Not included.

Dan.. Thanks for the info.
That is about what I used.. Phillips head. The ceiling is actually paneling. Coarse fiber wood. Really helps if you use a fine tooth hole saw...

It is nice to have the brighter lighting..

BC