Request: Landmark Arlington - slide in slide

ksucats

I love to watch the show 'Extreme RVs' and a couple of others. One of the ways that the industry has circumvented the 430 foot (shadow) is to build up. Actually saw a show some time ago where there were two different 5th wheels made - both raised up much like the HyLow -- I believe that is the correct name -- which lowers to a height of a pop-up but extends to a travel trailer. In any case, these extended upwards making a true second floor. One had a large dining room and master suite, the other had a bar, kitchen and lounge on the second floor and the roof was made into a deck -- owner of this last one used it for football tailgates and NASCAR events. As I recall both had slide outs on the lower level only - hence the 'shadow at high noon' would not include the upper deck. Oh man, to have the money they quoted - both 1 mil plus. :rolleyes:

In any case, thanks to all of you for your information and interest!! Oh, 2130 hrs - heck I don't get home from Teaching at Fort Riley until 2230 then get to grade / read / eat. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on the wallet) some classes have been cancelled and others have not been full recently - too many deployed for this or that. So I get home from my Day job and get to mow the yard, eat at a decent hour, and enjoy a bit of TV. Looking forward to the days of throwing the clock away.

Wish you all safe travels and great days.

Re: ATF: Landmark - slide in slide

They need to make that 2nd slide a foot or so bigger and put 2 small night stands on each side of the Kig size bed.
It would make the head of the bed less claustrophobic.
It would make the bed a lot easier to make every morning.
It would give you a place for your alarm clock, cell phone, and CPAP machine on both sides without that horrible shelf sticking out in your way all the time.
I think we need to all be careful with the slide inside a slide option. I have a 2022 Heartland landmark Scottsdale edition, which has a bed slide within a slide. I am presently having issues with the welds around the bedroom slide that seem to be breaking loose and the Wall unit is being compromised and bulging out to the outside of my fifth wheel. I have had it in the shop twice and the dealership has made the repair already once by opening up the exterior wall and doing some welding to reattach, but we just came back from a lengthy vacation out west and the problem is back With a vengeance. My thoughts are that the slide within a slide too much cantilever torque and this is causing my welds to break loose. I am presently in communication with Heartland and my dealership trying to get this resolved. My customer service rep at Heartland is Howard Hickock .

ksucats

I think we need to all be careful with the slide inside a slide option. I have a 2022 Heartland landmark Scottsdale edition, which has a bed slide within a slide. I am presently having issues with the welds around the bedroom slide that seem to be breaking loose and the Wall unit is being compromised and bulging out to the outside of my fifth wheel. I have had it in the shop twice and the dealership has made the repair already once by opening up the exterior wall and doing some welding to reattach, but we just came back from a lengthy vacation out west and the problem is back With a vengeance. My thoughts are that the slide within a slide too much cantilever torque and this is causing my welds to break loose. I am presently in communication with Heartland and my dealership trying to get this resolved. My customer service rep at Heartland is Howard Hickock .
Chief: Hope you get this resolved soon. My wife and I both liked the idea of a slide in a slide but stayed with what we had, just fearing what you are describing. I was worried about the extra weight and torque placed on those welds with the slides out. Best wishes.

NYSUPstater

We have it's sister version in the Big Country 3560SS and knock on wood, only 1 issue w/ the S-n-s and that was the outside trim being bowed out (forgive me it's been 7 years since this happened) with slides in I think. HL said to simply add a ton more screws which was done and no more problems. We absolutely love all the extra room in BR, but still can get around the foot of bed w/o it being extended. See it's no longer avail on the 3560 but think it is in their TH line. Redwood had it at 1st, then I think HL and thought I saw Jayco with it. Tho we've gone to several RV shows in past few tears, still nothing has "Wowed" us to get a different one. So we've decided to make major upgrades cuz it's gonna stay w/ us for sometime now. Schwintecks next on the hit list.