Researching BH 3755fl and BC 3700fl

MLG

Hello Heartland Owners,
We have recently retired and are so excited to finally be able to see our beautiful country. We plan on living in our new 5th wheel full time and have been researching 5th wheels for about a year.
We really love the front living room models BH3755fl and BC3700fl. We'd love to hear what your opinions are regarding these two models. I'm concerned because the design of the front living models is so different from all the others (raised living room and raised bedroom), and would like to know if there are more problems with this type of design.
Also has anyone out there dealt with Great Lakes RV in Elkhart, In? They've quoted us a great price but before we decide to drive from CA to IN we need to be sure they are reputable.
Thanks in advance for any advice or wisdom you can share.

Mary and Tony

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can't comment on the actual floor plans other than to say the BH and BC are both built on the same assembly line.

As far as Great Lakes, that is where we bought our BC and would not hesitate to purchase from them again. Had small hiccup during pdi but that was because shop manager was out and those working for him were clueless without him being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter11

Mary and Tony,

We just got back a week ago from Great Lakes RV Center where we picked up our new Landmark. The deal was as expected and there were no surprises which worried us as far as we had to drive to get it. Now I will say, they did have the unit clean and ready to go when we arrived but look it over very good. After a brief walk thru with their tech my wife had them inside fixing a lot of little things she was finding. While she was doing that I was outside checking things out and it wasn't long I had them give me a clean rag and a bottle of Goof Off and I was removing all the unsightly stickers Heartland puts on a the factory. All the people we dealt with were very nice and helpful.

You might also want to consider staying at the Elkhart Campground about 5 miles North of them for a day or two just to make sure all is good before you hit the road home.

danemayer

I think Great Lakes was Heartland's first dealer and they sell a lot of Heartland trailers. We bought ours from them in 2010 and all went exactly as promised.

Jim.Allison

Jeff Couch (on line) took care of me and Amy. Could not make a deal locally so we took a vacation to Ohio and had a great time towing the fiver back to Texas. All I can tell you is; repeat after me "tires, tires, tires-load, load, load. Let momma do the rest. The Ram, Ford, and Chevy HD trucks are capable in the SWD as far as load and pulling. But where you run into problems is that your stock tires and rims are going to top out at about 3200 Max load each. You will find out real quick that 6400 LBS gets eaten up quickly. If you are like me and do not want a Dually you might want to look into commercial tires for the truck, they are available. If I had it to do over again I would go with the Ram 3500HD in a SWD then order up some commercial tires for the rig. As far as the fiver is concerned you have two choices, go with the standard towmax or what ever "china bomb" they put on the rig these days, but have some new 17.5 inch rims and goodyear g-114 equivalent tires standing by to install, then take the china bombs to storage. OR you can order the optional Goodyear G-614 16 inch and be ready to mount them BEFORE your drive that rig one inch.

upsjn58

Jeff Couch (on line) took care of me and Amy. Could not make a deal locally so we took a vacation to Ohio and had a great time towing the fiver back to Texas. All I can tell you is; repeat after me "tires, tires, tires-load, load, load. Let momma do the rest. The Ram, Ford, and Chevy HD trucks are capable in the SWD as far as load and pulling. But where you run into problems is that your stock tires and rims are going to top out at about 3200 Max load each. You will find out real quick that 6400 LBS gets eaten up quickly. If you are like me and do not want a Dually you might want to look into commercial tires for the truck, they are available. If I had it to do over again I would go with the Ram 3500HD in a SWD then order up some commercial tires for the rig. As far as the fiver is concerned you have two choices, go with the standard towmax or what ever "china bomb" they put on the rig these days, but have some new 17.5 inch rims and goodyear g-114 equivalent tires standing by to install, then take the china bombs to storage. OR you can order the optional Goodyear G-614 16 inch and be ready to mount them BEFORE your drive that rig one inch.

a big amen to that