Residential Refrigerator Inverter External Status Light saved my food!

LBR

I keep my suitcase 2K Yamaha generator, extension cord, and 50A to15A adapter in bed of truck while on the road. When done traveling for the day, it takes a couple minutes to hookup and run for an hour or 2 in evening, then the same in morning before hitting the road for the days travel....happy batteries to power the frig inverter.

porthole

Retired
Does the reference to "120AH battery bank" mean a pair of 12v 60AH batteries such as the Interstate group 24 Deep Cycles?

I am giving thought to changing to a pair of 105AH AGM batteries to make unpowered overnights (a.k.a. Walmart stays) after a long day on the road more manageable. After 10 hours on batteries (connected to the tow vehicle) in 90 degree temps the battery status lights said we were at 2/3 power with the 60AH batteries.

If my understanding is correct the AGM's would still have plenty of power for the next day's drive whereas the 60AH's would be pretty low by morning without any recharging.

I'm wondering how many days of driving without a shorepower or generator connection the Interstate or AGM's could keep the Inverter going.

Is anyone using something to monitor battery status besides the built-in 4 light scale?

Contrary to what was presented at Goshen, depending on how you wire the batteries you either get double the voltage or double the amp hours, but not both (assuming 2 batteries).

Batteries, using round numbers

6 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in series = 12v at 100AH
12 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in parallel = 12v at 200AH

Now if you have the room and want to drop the coins:
Four - 6 volt batteries

6 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in series = 12v at 100AH - bank 1
+
6 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in series = 12v at 100AH - bank 2

The above two combos then wired as:
Bank 1 - (12v at 100AH) wired in parallel with bank 2 (12v at 100AH) = 12 volts at 200AH

Although I don't currently use one, the Bogart Trimetric is very highly rated by all who do use it to monitor battery status, both in and out.

Bones

Contrary to what was presented at Goshen, depending on how you wire the batteries you either get double the voltage or double the amp hours, but not both (assuming 2 batteries).

Batteries, using round numbers

6 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in series = 12v at 100AH
12 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in parallel = 12v at 200AH

Now if you have the room and want to drop the coins:
Four - 6 volt batteries

6 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in series = 12v at 100AH - bank 1
+
6 volts 100AH times 2 batteries wired in series = 12v at 100AH - bank 2

The above two combos then wired as:
Bank 1 - (12v at 100AH) wired in parallel with bank 2 (12v at 100AH) = 12 volts at 200AH

Although I don't currently use one, the Bogart Trimetric is very highly rated by all who do use it to monitor battery status, both in and out.

Duane you will have to tell me what was presented at Goshen. Why would they give incorrect info?