Residential Refrigerator Questions

danemayer

The woodwork on the bottom of the slide is falling apart. I have had 2 technicians from different repair facilities,look at it. They both say it is a manufacturing issue....
I had the repair company send a report to Heartland,and apparently they will not cover this. My 1 year warranty runs out at the end of February 2015.

Hi langleyger,

I agree with Jim Allison's recommendation - call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

If the techs said they didn't know how to repair it because it's a manufacturing issue, that's a pretty incomplete answer. Except for wear and tear, aren't all problems manufacturing issues? Maybe they just meant they had no idea how to fix it.

We were at a rally in North Texas a few months ago where TerryH and I helped out another owner having similar problems with their refrigerator, caused by the frig shifting during travel. We added wood blocks to the footing and reinforced the blocking at the top that keeps the frig from tilting.

Heartland may have to direct you to a repair shop where the techs are a bit sharper.