Retirement

happykraut

A child's view of retirement in a mobile home park

After Christmas break, the teacher asked her small pupils how they spent their holiday. One little boy's reply went like this:

"We always spend Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa."

"They used to live up here in a big brick house, but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida."

"They live in a park with a lot of other retarded people."

"They all live in tin huts. They ride tricycles that are to big for me."

"They go to a building they call the wrecked hall, but it is fixed now. They all do exercises but not very well. They play a game with big checkers and push them around on the floor with sticks."

"There is a swimming pool but I guess nobody teaches them to swim. They just stand there in the water with their hats on."

"My Grandma used to bake cookies for me, but nobody cooks there. They all go to restaurants that are fast and ask for discounts."

"When you come into the park, there is a doll house with a man sitting in it. He watches all day so they can't get out without him seeing them. I guess everybody forgets who they are because they all ware badges with their names on them."

"Grandma says that Grandpa worked hard all his life to earn his retardment. I wish they would move back home, but I guess the man in the doll house won't let them out."

SNOKING

I thought the little boy wanted the job in the doll house some day and was going to make the retarded people go home for Christmas to see their grand children?

And you miss the part about them "bringing early birds home for dinner, they are already cooked and most do not look like birds!"

Chris

pegmikef

Wow, he really captured it. It was a perfect description of some of the retirement resorts I have stayed in in Arizona and a good description of the villages in Florida except they don't let the retarded people drive cars, they have to use golf carts. It is also an excellent description of a lot of the folks that use the swimming pool and workout rooms at my local health club.

Thanks, Bernie