RhinoFlex Hose & Fittings Storage / Carrier

Other than 6" PVC, which I've only seen priced at about a million dollars a foot - 20 ft minimum, has anyone found a carrier for RhinoFlex sewer hose that will take the hose with the fittings attached?

danemayer

Look for a fencing company that has Vinyl Fence Post Covers (sometimes called a sleeve) and caps. I think they're 5 1/2" square opening and should cost maybe $20 including caps. Lowes and Home Depot can special order (ours in central Texas don't stock them any longer), but they'll cost $50-60 instead of $20.

You might have to remove the 90 degree end fitting - some people store them with the hose. I keep mine in a tub inside.

ncc1701e

Other than 6" PVC, which I've only seen priced at about a million dollars a foot - 20 ft minimum, has anyone found a carrier for RhinoFlex sewer hose that will take the hose with the fittings attached?

Here was my solution to this problem. I use RhinoFlex sewer hose. Bought all the items at Menards Home Improvement. The square piece of fence post is actuall 4-3/4".

Sewer Pipe 2.jpg Sewer Pipe 4.jpg Sewer Pipe 3.jpg Sewer Pipe 5.jpg
Good Luck.

All total, I got something less that $100 in the project. The pictures are from our 2800RL, I removed the whole unit, painted it flat black, and reinstalled it on our new Sundance. I just don't have any pictures after the new installation.

Tom

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I really like Tom's set up but my tote that holds everything was only about $6 bucks.
15ft Rhino hose, 5ft extension hose, clear 45 degree elbow, 90 degree sewer elbow and adapter in addition to a few other pieces. I keep a 5 foot piece of plastic gutter in the front storage compartment and the tote in the main basement area.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I carry 40 feet of hose, all the connectors and a few extras in a tote that I put inside my main compartment. I also have the same size tote for all my fresh water items. Works great for me. I have a 20 foot of cheapo hose with a connector in my side compartment attached to the frame below. That way if I have to dump while traveling it is all there easy to get too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My two primary RhinoFlex sections (15 ft. and 10 ft.) ride in the nifty compartment on the side of the rig. Unfortunately, HL appears to have eliminated that since my model year. I have two 5 ft. extensions that ride in a small tote in the basement.

For next summer's season, I've got one of those water powered macerators to try out. It fits in a shallow tote.

ncc1701e

I really like Tom's set up but my tote that holds everything was only about $6 bucks.
15ft Rhino hose, 5ft extension hose, clear 45 degree elbow, 90 degree sewer elbow and adapter in addition to a few other pieces. I keep a 5 foot piece of plastic gutter in the front storage compartment and the tote in the main basement area.

When I originally built this, the particular camper it was first installed on had very limited storage and it was almost as much out of necessity as anything. I have to admit that having it in an area with vents has been a plus not to mention the additional storage space. I also carry a couple 5' extensions and really figure on adding a mate next to the current tube for the spares just to keep them out of the basement. Of course as they say, different strokes for different folks and no solution is bad just different.

mobilcastle

Here was my solution to this problem. I use RhinoFlex sewer hose. Bought all the items at Menards Home Improvement. The square piece of fence post is actuall 4-3/4".

View attachment 22481 View attachment 22482 View attachment 22483 View attachment 22484
Good Luck.

All total, I got something less that $100 in the project. The pictures are from our 2800RL, I removed the whole unit, painted it flat black, and reinstalled it on our new Sundance. I just don't have any pictures after the new installation.

Tom
I did about the same thing but no tray on the inside-fancy idea. I used drop hangers from the frame to mount the post sleeve. I capped with two screws the side where we go in the door and left the other side open with a rod mounted through the middle of the sleeve made of 1/2 PVC pipe and a pin to hold it in place. I drill holes in the bottom of the sleeve so the pipe stays air dry. Quick and easy to get to-simple to install and you can leave your fittings on the pipe except the orange one in the picture-I have a storage bin built in the side of my unit to hold other fittings if needed.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Another source is http://www.dwincorp.com/ They have carriers from 18" long to 60". Pricing from $25 to $60 + shipping. It has a 4 5/8" inside diameter, both ends open and can be locked. Black PVC and has mounting tabs at both ends. There was one on my 2013 3010RE Bighorn. I mounted a 48" one against the bottom to carry that extra lenght when the sewer connection is on the opposite side of my RV. Quick delivery.

Thanks for all the responses. Tom's solution looks great. Guess I'll be off to Lowes, Home Depot or the fencing companies soon.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The plastic buckets they sell swimming pool chlorine in works great for fitting storage. The caps screw on and "lock" and the lingering chlorine odor helps keep the bucket smelling a bit fresher. The larger buckets will store a couple sections of hose too