Rinsing black water tanks

Porkchop

I like the spastic anaconda comment! I'm going online to buy a better set up. I think I saw something called the flush king? Or do we not need that because we have that flush system. We dumped at a rest stop for 5 bucks yesterday. There were two water spigots. Which one was I supposed to use? It took us a good 30 minutes trying to remember what to do. It was funny actually. We didn't really use the bathroom the past few days. I left some water in the toilet bowl but I worry it will evaporate when I get it in two weeks. I'll try the go method and read up online. I. Bought some borax and tide detergent.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I think I saw something called the flush king? Or do we not need that because we have that flush system.

The onboard system will work great for the black tank. It does nothing for the gray water tanks thats why I use one. Some do and some don't. Since that was how I was "weaned" with tank flushing, it is a none issue to hook up the Flush King and back flush all the tanks.

We dumped at a rest stop for 5 bucks yesterday. There were two water spigots. Which one was I supposed to use? It took us a good 30 minutes trying to remember what to do. It was funny actually.

Won't be long and you will be a pro completing the task in minutes!

We didn't really use the bathroom the past few days. I left some water in the toilet bowl but I worry it will evaporate when I get it in two weeks.

The water should not evaporate that quickly...at least here in the northwest, the water will remain for a couple of months!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The FlushKing, or similar adapters, are great to help knock logjams out of the black tank valve opening. Sometimes the tank flush alone is not enough. You can tell when you're dumping (with a clear adapter on the hose connection) and suddenly the flow stops and you know it's not done yet. But you do need a water supply to be able to use them. And their secondary function is to rinse the inside of the sewer hose after you're done.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
To answer the ice question. The ice in the tank will help break up any debris that is sticking and building up. As the ice melts it acts as water sloshing around to further rinse and break up debris. The trick is to put the ice in the tank right before leaving and then it works while driving. This is also a trick you can use to help unblock a stopped up tank. We have used this method before and it works fairly well.