RM 1350 New problem

bdb2047

Having a problem I have not seen before.Turned it to propane,preparing to head south.Burner would not lite it tried but would flame out around tube.Found usual bug nest and cleaned it out.Turned it back on nothing would happen did not try to lite.After checking fuses and voltage seamd to be OK but could not get reading at gas valve.Ran test from owners manual and all checked OK.Gas lit on last test and flame was recognized.Closed test and it would still not switch to propane.Waited awhile tried again and it worked.It is on propane setting not auto.Anyone have a similar experience?Thoughts?Unlike some this is first issue I have had with it.Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Couple of shots in the dark: Air in the line perhaps. Also, (and I'm taking a real stab here), perhaps it has a "lock-out" feature that shuts it down for a few minutes after a number of failed attemps as a sort of safety feature? Never had a similar problem with mine. As a matter of fact it runs better on propane than on electricity.

danemayer

It's probably a safety lockout feature that kicked in after the initial failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD