RM 2852 Refridgerator won't cool, Freezer Fine

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
ok thanks for the exact numbers. I thought it was getting close to the upper limits. Mine is hitting 39 and i'm not happy, but it is better than 50+

Kenny,

I've got mine down to 35 right now, but it's empty and the outside temps are only in the upper 80's daytime and upper 60's/low 70's night. I've got an add on 12V fan kit coming in for inside the fridge and am getting an additional "PC" fan to install in the outside compartment. On mine, the sheet metal baffle was factory installed and does a good job of directing air over the upper cooling fins, but I think one more fan will help push the hot air out faster. Time will tell. Good luck with yours. By the way - I'm an Ark State grad (class of '71). We used to play McNeese a lot back in the good ole days.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I'm an Ark State grad (class of '71). We used to play McNeese a lot back in the good ole days.

HEY, THEY ARE STILL THE GOOD OLE DAYS FOR MCNEESE!!!! MCNEESE STATE (CLASS OF '73), WE ARE STILL DOING PRETTY GOOD FOR A SMALL SCHOOL.
I THINK MY FRIDGE HAS ABOUT STABILIZED, BUT WE HAVE NOT USED IT IN SEVERAL MONTHS. THAT WILL ALL CHANGE ONCE FOOTBALL STARTS UP SOON. I THINK I STILL NEED TO PLAY WITH THE BAFFLE THAT WAS INSTALLED BY A DEALER AS I THINK EVERYTHING ELSE IS ABOUT RIGHT.

Kelly50

Another refridgerator update Bill. It's been running all week and I checked it today and was near 30 degrees. Might have to slide the thermister down a little.

Kelly50

You could actually reach the fan from the upper vent opening. I didn't have to replace the fan just the thermal switch on the top cooling fin's. Once I did that my fan started. I think I could have got the fan out from there also with some maneuvering.