RoadMaster Comfort Ride Slipper Spring Systems

dave10a

Looks good. Slipper springs is an old technology and is proven. The question is how well Roadmaster engineered the components. I suspect they have done a good job based on my experience with that company in the past. It should be an improvement over standard equalizer suspensions, and has potential to be better than the MORyde SRE 4000. I would wait for more reviews from reliable sources.

hoefler

Personally, I would not use that set up. Rig must be towed absoluty level. With out an equalizer, it woud be very easy to have an overloaded axle, espacially going through a uneven driveway.

MikeR

Looks good. Slipper springs is an old technology and is proven. The question is how well Roadmaster engineered the components. I suspect they have done a good job based on my experience with that company in the past. It should be an improvement over standard equalizer suspensions, and has potential to be better than the MORyde SRE 4000. I would wait for more reviews from reliable sources.

Roadmaster did not engineer the parts for this system. The system was designed in Indiana. The original names for the suspension systems are: Joy Rider for the gas shocks system and Liberty Rider for the slipper springs and mounting components. I have both systems on my Big Horn, with a rear kitchen. The systems were installed after last years national rally. After finding broken items in the kitchen, including shelves falling, etc. Everything has been great since installation. I would do it again in a minute. No problems at all as the slipper springs independently take care of whatever movement was handled by the equalizer and shackles. There is no effect from one wheel to another. My BH does nothave a single shackle in the system.

Bones

Roadmaster did not engineer the parts for this system. The system was designed in Indiana. The original names for the suspension systems are: Joy Rider for the gas shocks system and Liberty Rider for the slipper springs and mounting components. I have both systems on my Big Horn, with a rear kitchen. The systems were installed after last years national rally. After finding broken items in the kitchen, including shelves falling, etc. Everything has been great since installation. I would do it again in a minute. No problems at all as the slipper springs independently take care of whatever movement was handled by the equalizer and shackles. There is no effect from one wheel to another. My BH does nothave a single shackle in the system.

How are tight turns with the system?

dave10a

I would like to mention that eualizers only distribute the weight equally if the trailer is being towed level. The RoadMaster system may be more tolorant for out of level towing. One needs to compare the two systems on a Cat Scale for both level and non-level towing situations. Also monitoring both systems with an accelerometer while traveling would be of benefit. That is where an independant reputable comparison would be helpful. Speculation does not help.

BTY here is a YOUTUBE comparison with the Liberty slipper spring set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCW3ncx8ToE