Roller on kitchen slide on 3750fl

fordtech 2008

Noticed today while packing up that one of the rollers on the kitchen slide is tearing up the wood on the bottom of the slide anyone else had this concern?

Attachments

• 100_1506.jpg
    100_1506.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:

G_S

No mine ripped up the linoleum in our kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've repaired a damaged slide bottom by screwing a piece of galvanized sheet metal along with some caulk over the damaged area.
A bit different than yours but the process will be the same.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 58

Piperflyer

I'd say you have a broken slide roller. This happened to me when I had a roller go bad and it tore up my floor when extending the slide. This is one of the 10" rollers that broke.

View attachment 59973

G_S

No I am still battling our extended warranty company to cover the damages

Piperflyer

No I am still battling our extended warranty company to cover the damages

It is a real pain to fix yourself, so hope you win the fight with the warranty. If I can be a help let me know if you don't win the battle!
Good Luck

Piperflyer

How did you beef it up?

I found a good welding shop in my area. I had them put a TIG pass on the inside of the new brackets from Heartland, just behind the rollers. This is where the metal makes a 90* turn to hold the axle. It beefs up the area where the brackets tore and broke before. Repaint the brackets and install them. It's been two years and I haven't had any more roller issues.
You probably could oxy/acetylene weld this area too, but you don't want to much of a weld build up that will interfere with the roller.

G_S

I am still battling with the extended warranty company myself