Roof Insulation

LDMC

Does anyone know when Heartland/Big Horn started to use block foam insulation in their roof and floors? I thought I saw a brochue from 2006 that did not state anything about block foam insulation.

Looking to buy a used Big Horn and wanted to stay with the years Heartland used the better insulation in their rigs.

Thanks,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What model year are you looking at? 2006 had fiberglass in the roof.
I think that Heartland went to the foam roof in either 2010 or 2011.
I've had both and honestly cannot say that one is better than the other.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Cookie:
I have a 2007 production Bighorn, and I know from the air conditioning "ducts" that I have the pink hard foam insulation.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cookie:
I have a 2007 production Bighorn, and I know from the air conditioning "ducts" that I have the pink hard foam insulation.
Really? My 2008 had fiberglass.
I had plenty of glass stuck in my arms when I wired a switch for a ceiling vent.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wdk450

Maybe I'm wrong. What did they do for AC ducts in the fiberglass insulated models?

LDMC

Cookie, Not sure what year yet. Just wanted to stay with the years that Heartland put the solid block foam insulation in. I may try calling Heartland today and talk to a rep about this. Will post anything I find out.

Thanks,

LDMC

Cookie, Not sure what year yet. Just wanted to stay with the years that Heartland put the solid block foam insulation in. I may try calling Heartland today and talk to a rep about this. Will post anything I find out.

Thanks,

Ok, Talked to one of the larger Bighorn Dealers in my area. They said late 2011 is when Bighorn changed over to solid block insulation in the roofs. So 2012 is probably the oldest I want to go.

Thanks to all for your input.

schrod

Cookie:

Well, I just toured the factory yesterday and now it is white hard foam blocks with the A/C ducting just being cut out of the blocks. I have to wonder how much air leaks when a block is just slightly miscut...............