Roof top air vents during travel

Before we left our campsite yesterday, the 2 roof top air vents were closed. While en route they must have opened and we hit quite the rain storm coming home last night. When we got home, and checked, the floors were the vents are, are completely soaked! All of the other windows were closed in the trailer when we left.

How can we prevent them from opening, or what can we do to prevent the water from coming in IF they decide to open again?

Will the Maxx Air vents help us out?

Thanks,
Kevin.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The MaxxAires are designed to prevent water from entering while the vents are open. I have them on all my vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on the maxxaires for the normal vents. For the fantasic fans get the ones made for them.

dave10a

The max air vent are a must and work very well for rain. However, I close the vent while traveling because the sewer smell sometimes enters because sewer vent pipes is close to my bathroom vent. I also close the vent when parked when the wind is blowing in a direction to allow the smells to enter. Heartland should seriously consider the placement of the vent pipes to keep them away from the vents.

Speedy

Heartland should seriously consider the placement of the vent pipes to keep them away from the vents.
Difficult to do when the vent piping has to run up thru interior walls; which of course are bathroom walls most of the time.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
X2 on the maxxaires for the normal vents. For the fantasic fans get the ones made for them.

Definitely! It is nice to be able to have a vent open to cool down the rig while in motion and not have to worry if we hit a squall.

Kristy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The only draw back to traveling with vent open are. If you have 2 vents open....they can create a low pressure area and can draw dirt and such into your coach. Might even happen with the max-air covers. JMHO

scottyb

Seems like 75% of my towing is in 90-100 degree heat. I leave all my vents open all the time, with the Maxair covers. It helps to keep the ambient temperature a lot lower. There may be a little dust, but not any more than my 2 Airedales (Velcro dogs) bring in.

Wharton

We had this problem in a previous trailer and put a shim by the handle to make sure they would stay closed. We do have one vent with a Maxair and travel with that one open in the hot weather.

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
We always keep our vents open in warm weather while towing. All three of our vents have Maxxaires and love them. They are also useful to have if there is hail as they will break before before your vent cover. Learned this from experience! Also great for leaving vents open and not worrying about rain anytime. We have the covers on our camper and horse trailer. One of the first things we bought when we picked up our new camper. Highly reccomend them.