Rough Roads....

alexb2000

I just came from Jackson Hole to Cheyenne yesterday and then back to Taos today.

I-25 South from the CO boarder to about Colorado Springs was rough, in a constant state of construction, dis-repair, and packed with traffic.

How rough was it????

The trailer caught some good air three times over these ski jump shaped bumps they just left during road construction. That and constant chuck holes, uneven surfaces, loose asphalt, etc.

Anyway, about six screws were rolling around on the floor and the inside floor was covered with saw dust when I got home. Otherwise no serious damage that I can see so far.

All I can say is that in heavy traffic with the slow lane going 70-75 over this stuff you wouldn't want to have a tire blow, suspension problem, etc. One of those days you needed to be confident in your RV.

Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of others out there. All of Tennessee comes to mind, but I thought I'd kick it off with this one.

Feel free to share your war stories...

MCTalley

I-10, Louisiana in the Lafayette area (MMs 90 - 110)
I-65, Alabama, through downtown Birmingham (they have been repaving some of it, but have a way to go yet)
I-70, Western Kansas into Eastern Colorado. While not particularly rough, evenly spaced heaves that have the entire rig bouncing in a manner reminiscent of riding out the trot on a horse
I-20, Mississippi, through Meridian. Several roller-coaster like heaves that I thought would unhitch our trailer (you could see faster moving cars almost leaving the ground).
I-65, Indiana, from Clarksville (Louisville) to Indianapolis.

Those are a few that come to mind off the top of my head.

alexb2000

I-10, Louisiana in the Lafayette area (MMs 90 - 110)
I-65, Alabama, through downtown Birmingham (they have been repaving some of it, but have a way to go yet)
I-70, Western Kansas into Eastern Colorado. While not particularly rough, evenly spaced heaves that have the entire rig bouncing in a manner reminiscent of riding out the trot on a horse
I-20, Mississippi, through Meridian. Several roller-coaster like heaves that I thought would unhitch our trailer (you could see faster moving cars almost leaving the ground).
I-65, Indiana, from Clarksville (Louisville) to Indianapolis.

Those are a few that come to mind off the top of my head.

Thanks for the heads up on I-70, I was planning a trip using that road and I hate those paving heaves.

MCTalley

Thanks for the heads up on I-70, I was planning a trip using that road and I hate those paving heaves.

They're not horrible, but they're even worse in an unloaded DRW pickup. We stayed east of Denver and drove into town last week. I was glad I didn't attempt the trip on a full bladder.