Running a/c in shed

Tweitekamp

My sundance sits in my machine shed. Is it ok to run the a/c if we are working in there? Obviously there isn't much airflow across the unit so will that be a problem? I can put a fan up there to blow air across. Do I run the risk of freezing up? I have gone camping many times when there isn't a puff of air and it is almost 100 and no problems but we were outdoors. Thoughts? Kids want to sleep in the camper sometimes but I am nervous about running the a/c.

Lou_and_Bette

The "air flow" you need is created by the fan inside the a/c unit and refers to air moving through the cooling fins. There is no need for wind blowing across the unit. So, unless the temps in the shed are extremely high, shouldn't have any problems.

hoefler

When we lived in our Landmark while building our new house, it is parked under a carport. I did find that it did help to have a fan blowing across the A/C's just to keep the hot air moving away from the units. In a building, the air will get hotter and pool around the upper parts of the building. If you can get a fan to help get the air to circulate and mix with cooler air, the A/C will operate more efficiently.

Gaffer

An attic vent fan may be the answer unless you have upper and lower vents in the building that provide some natural convection air movement.