running from the storm

BobSue

Well we bailed out of Alvin, TX and headed West to San Antonio on Thursday morning.

Unlike Rita, the trip was uneventful and only took the normal 5 hours.

Hoping there will be a home to go back to next week.

There are two other Big Horns and a Big Country here at Admiralty RV Park.

Nice park, but the sites are crammed really close together.

We are surviving and worrying about our oldest daughter who decided to stay in Clear Lake with her family.

Tonight is the night Ike comes on shore. Probably won't get any sleep.

As much as we love our BH, I really hope it won't be my permanent home for the near future.

We'll let all know what happens.

jimtoo

Best of luck Bob and Sue. Hope everything goes well for your daughter and family. We have not slept in 3 days wondering about IKE. Took our trailer and wife's Dad to Boerne 2 days ago, because it looked like it was coming to see us, and then went back today and picked them up. Looks like we dodged the big bullet here in George West, TX.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
God bless all the people in the path of Ike. I pray everyone's families will be safe and protected.

Bill

Delaine and Lindy

We are about a 1 1/2 Southeast of Dallas and its 8.56 am and its raining and the wind is begining to pick up a little. Looks as if we will get some bad weather today. We have the 5er parked inside a building (MH parking space) so we are at our Sons and we do have huge generator for the big house. Looks like Houston area got lots of water. Hope most were smart and moved out of the bay area. Most of the RV parks we have seen yesterday were full. GBY.......

Last edited:

BobSue

We made it through the night. Got a little sleep.

The daughter who stayed in Clear Lake got out a quick call saying they were all safe and sound, but lots of cleanup to come.

No power but from generator.

Breathing a big sigh of relief.

Now worrying about our home in Alvin. Probably OK but no power?

Anxious to go back but don't know when we can try that.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Our Prayers Go Out To All In The Path Of Ike God Bless And Take Care To All! Traveler07

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Check out the Braunig Lake RV park in SA. They honor the Passport America for all sites and any length of stay. They have great roomy sites and is a great place to stay. Elizabeth and I stayed there earlier this year and really liked it.
Glad to hear your family is ok. We have friends in Kemah and Pasadena, just heard from them this morning. Were really relieved to hear they were ok.
Fred

Mariposa

storms

We left New Caney a couple of weeks ago, just to be safe. We went all the way to Elkhart, IN. Today, 9-13-08, heavy rain and what is left of Ike will be here tomorrow. May-be should have gone west.
With the Big Horn our whole house was a easy move.
Bob

jayc

Legendary Member
Well, I had to take Stella and the trailer to my good friend Bill Sims' house in Port Arthur. They had to bring me back so I could go to work (public servant here). They decided to move from Pt. Arthur to Breaux Bridge La. for safety, and its probably good that they did.

I went through the storm and it was undoubtedly the worst night of my life. The wind howled and roared, the rain fell......a really terrible night. At least we didn't have to go out in it. It was bad enough on Saturday morning with many many huge trees down, countless fences down, houses damaged but thank God, no injuries or fatalities. We really lucked out on this one!

cjbearden

Visitor
Bob and Sue; Jay and Stella; Jimtoo; Mariposa
Glad you all made it through IKE safe and sound. Jay, what have you heard from Rayford Crossing and Spring,TX area?

We erred on the side of caution and left Aransas Pass Wed to stay in New Braunfels until today (Sun.). Came back to A.P. without any problems. Did hit some rain from a different front coming through, helped to wash off the tons of butterflies committing suicide on the RV and Truck!!!! :eek::eek:

Several folks from Houston/Galveston area were at Lazy L&L Campground where we were and they had left one or two family members behind to watch after things. All their homes suffered water damage but nothing that can't be fixed. All were happy to have their families safe.

We took the back road as we left A.P. so we went through George West area - did you see us waving Jimtoo? Thought about you though.

God Bless all who suffered the storm's ravages. Best wishes as you put your lives back together once your power and other utilities are restored.

Tom of Ypsi

Happy to hear everyone weathered the storm ok. Hopefully each and every one of you did not suffer major property damage. We can hardly wait to see everyone again for another great time. Starting to move that way come Sept 26.