RV Capital Wholesalers - Recent Experiences

scottyb

1st, I already did a search and found some positive feedeback about RV Capital Wholesalers, but it was a few years ago. There was even a CS rep, posting on the thread. I would like to hear of more recent transactions. I want to order a Cyclone 4100, and they have given me a very nice quote. I also got a very good price from Holman RV, but it is an in stock unit and isn't exactly what I want.

I have always given the local guys (dealers) the benefit of doubt, and have even allowed a few dollars over, when purchasing other items, vehicles, etc. How much extra is it worth to buy local? 1%, 5%, 10%, more, or none at all?

Porkchop

I can't comment on a local place, because the most local place was hundreds of miles away.

They gave me one of the best prices and could get the RV to me when I needed it. (we were in a time crunch). Since they are only a few miles away from the manufacturer, they didn't have to worry about transportation.

I'm VERY happy I ordered my unit to my specs (I wish I added more things to it but that's my own fault and my financial limits). There were a few out there that were close to what I wanted, but I know I would look back and regret it.

They were ok to deal with. The PDI missed a few things and they couldn't fix the main problem we found b/c they needed a few hours to do it. I was a little upset about that one. It was my fuel gauge not registering anything. We found it right away and was told, Oh, it needs more fuel to register. Even when it was full, it didn't register. I probably should have pushed the issue, but being a complete newbie, I thought, oh maybe they are right.

And I'm a idiot because I gave the PDI guys a little tip before they left for the day on Friday. Then since it was Saturday and there weren't enough techs around, the gauge couldn't be fixed.

On another note, they were very nice to us and allowed us to stay at the facility for one night. I forgot the names of the people that were staying there full time, but they were extremely nice as well. The owner gave us the short driving lesson and how to hitch and unhitch. If I was to do it again, I probably would order another Cyclone through them since we do not have a dealer close by. They seemed more legit than another dealer I was working with.

I think if you can buy local, with a very reputable dealer that will have good service as well, it might be worth it for a little more money. Again, I can't comment b/c when I did try to contact the most local Heartland dealer, they could not order a Cyclone for me.

Hth.
Irene

PS the BBB rates them pretty low. I think they had some issues, but maybe they got better?

danemayer

There have been many posts about buying from RV Capitol Wholesalers. I don't think I've seen a negative post about buying from them. RVsForLess in Tennessee also has had numerous positive posts about buying experience.

I told our local dealer that I would give him $2,000 more than the quote from RV Capitol to simply place an order and arrange for us to pick up the trailer in Indiana or Michigan. After they searched their corporate souls, they still wanted about $8,000 more to place the order for us. Our friends paid the same guys $5,000 extra to ensure a good local service relationship and got skunked. When they needed service, they were treated as strangers, the RV sat for a month before the tech even looked at it, and the problems were not fixed.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Danemayer - thanks for suggesting and giving a thumbs up for RVS For Less but they do not carry Cyclones. The Cyclones dealer in East Tennessee is Buddy Greggs and we're not sure how comparable pricing would be to the above named dealership.

Porkchop

You can also try the RV outlet in Ringold VA. They gave me a very good price and from what I have heard were pretty easy to deal with as well. Billy, a sales man helped me there. It might be a bit closer and I know one guy here that had a bad experience with Capital wholesalers and bought his Cyclone from RV outlet. See what their prices are. Tell them you have been doing your homework and they might be able to give you a great price. And that's closer to you right?

stevebotts

We purchased our Big Horn from them about 3 months ago. You will pick it up at Great Lakes RV (unless you want to pay for delivery) which is about 2 miles from the factory. We are full time. They took our 2008 in trade and allowed us to stay in their lot with water and electricity two nights while we moved from one RV to the other. No problems. Found a few things that needed attention and they took care of everything while we were moving. We will definitely buy another from them.

scottyb

Well, sometimes things work out for the better. I was able to get my local dealer down to the best price I found on the internet, including the wholesalers, after factoring in delivery charges. I was shocked because these new 4100's are selling like hot cakes here in Texas. One day the dealer has 3 or 4 listed and a few days later they are gone. I didn't think they would bargain that much. I found a rig that has everything that I spec'd, plus some extras. Financing has gone through and contract is signed. Now I have to schedule my hitch installation ASAP. Could have it at home by next weekend.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Scotty, now you'll have to bring the new trailer to one or both of the Texas rallies in October. Boerne on the 5-7th and/or Canton the next weekend, the 12-14th!

scottyb

Boerne is very close, but already have family obligations that weekend. Canton is doable.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Hi Scotty,

I hope you will be able to join myself and other Heartland Owners at the rally in Canton, TX, October 12 - 14, 2010.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome! Another Texan! We'd love to meet you in Canton, hope you all can make it.

Erika

scottyb

Thanks everyone. I am on pins and needles, wishing Mon would get here (that never happens) so i can get the ball rolling and get my hitch installed. Then my next obstacle will be to trim trees coming up my drive way so i can get the thing onto my property. I had to do this for my uncles motorhome, but it has been several years and i guarantee that this monster will not make it w/o some major trimming. I am also having a 5th Airborne pin box installed before i pick it up. I will try to make it to Canton if possible.