RV park reviews

IronJ

Yeah..it's like reading reviews on amazon...some rate high with no reason, some low for dumb reasons and some people are just dumb....lol

You gotta weed through the junk for pertinent and honest reviews...that said we use them all...usually we get recommendations from others as much as possible....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

brianlajoie

I use an additional source called roadtrippers. I usually look at rvparkreviews, tripadvisor and roadtrippers and paper copy of Good Sam to get a sense of what parks are out there in a given area. It is interesting to note that not all parks get reviewed by a single source. I then calculate the distance I plan to travel that day and come up with a couple of parks to call based on the reviews.

IronJ

With the big trailers you gotta be more diligent....I always tell them I have to have enough room to open my awning...then the side patio is no problem....so far not a single issue...the rear patio however makes the trailer like 52+ feet...so in many places we can't use it..I'm ok with that...

Google earth is nice...unless the park is covered with trees...then not much help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
The thing I like about rvparkreviews.com is that you can read the detailed comments behind each person's rating. That lets you know how much weight to give their rating.

Not only that, but you can take a look at the reviewers OTHER reviews. Are they always whining about Wi-Fi? Do they seem to ALWAYS have trouble with the people that check them in? Are they ALWAYS getting lied to? Do they always say every place is the best place they've ever stayed?

When we do reviews, we have a list of things and rank them 1-10. Cumulative score and average. I know not everyone does this, but for us, it's a way to compare/contrast CG's to each other.

MCTalley

My favorite recurring thing I see on park review sites: "Convenient to the interstate but the traffic noise is terrible."

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My favorite recurring thing I see on park review sites: "Convenient to the interstate but the traffic noise is terrible."

Cracks me up how so many whine about the highway noise.

I love it and sleep like a baby next to the highway!

Of course, I grew up with the main train line (double tracks) between Detroit and Chicago less than 50 feet from our side door.

donr827

I saw a news interview with a lady who writes fake reviews for a living. She saw nothing wrong with doing it.
Don