Safety Inspections Required for Texas Trailers

alethaj

We have to have a valid inspection sticker issued and we had to show proof of same before we can get our plate tags. Our tag is due this month and we will get camper inspected as soon as it quits raining,.

danemayer

There's a lack of clarity for sure. I had read on the state website that my 2014 RAM's 2 year inspection sticker would not suffice under the new system. But I went ahead and ordered the registration renewal and it did not ask for a more current inspection record in their database.

pegmikef

Wait, what? I just had my inspection done on my car, because my sticker said it was time. The place I was having my oil changed asked me if I wanted it done since it was time. My registration isn't due until November. Are you saying it won't be valid?

I think you'll be ok. I just reregistered my BH online. The registration runs out this month, but the inspection is good until the end of August and like Dan said, it didn't ask for a more current inspection. My complaint is that it cost $125 and last year I think it was around $75.

dlw930

When we traded earlier this month, the inspection on the new unit expired earlier this year, but the trailer registration won't expire until May 2016. I asked if I needed to get the inspection up to date and they said "no, just get it inspected before you renew the registration next year." Apparently, they're using this year as a catch up year to get inspections and registrations in sync. This doesn't answer TravelTiger's situation, but I think you could've waited until the 90 day window this fall to get the inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I think you'll be ok. I just reregistered my BH online. The registration runs out this month, but the inspection is good until the end of August and like Dan said, it didn't ask for a more current inspection. My complaint is that it cost $125 and last year I think it was around $75.

Double check, I've never seen a registration (TX) change. All of my 5er's have been over $100.