Sagging Dining Room Ceiling

Routemaster

Not finding the thread about this problem already started.
I have removed the fascia and have worked out how to lift the ceiling which needs a lift of 3/4", wipe out, and does not even touch the outside rubber roof what a mess, but I am not sure about the procedure. A 3/4" concave bow going the other way at the ceiling would look strange turning the header over?
The header has the bow but is wrapped in the waterproof material is that stuck on.
Now would I have to plane the header back straight?
What do you reckon?
Den.

Attachments

• Touch at center.JPG
    Touch at center.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Blue line datum.JPG
    Blue line datum.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Intened lift.JPG
    Intened lift.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 28

Dahillbilly

thought I saw a posting where they raised it back up like you have done & re-installed the fascia with better nails/screws to keep it in place. Good luck

RoadJunkie

Routemaster, you are on the right track. After removing the facia, you must remove all the screws that attach the slide out ceiling to the header. Once that is done, lift the roof and then reattach the header to the new, higher, position. Some have reversed the "crown" of the header to reduce the sag.

Routemaster

So today I removed the header plate and turned it over, jacked up the ceiling, and pulled down the plate to match and now have it straight looks much better. But not happy with the way that the plate kicks out at the top, looks to me like the "D" seal is causing the problem the "D" runs up the wall across the top and down the other side I do not see why unless there is a difference in wood size.

Attachments

• ready for header.JPG
    ready for header.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2146.JPG
    IMG_2146.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 23

Routemaster

I fixed the sagging problem for me looks way better eyeing it from the landing.
Is there a chance that the backing plate is engendered wood with the bow built into it to create a draft for a run-off, then mine and the other folks were installed upside down which caused the sagging?
I jacked up the ceiling to level then had to pull down the plate to match then re-screwed the plate to the header also I found the header was set back causing the backing plate to tilt forward at the top and shimmed out the bottom.
Now the outside roof looks way better and water should not hang around close to the wall.
Den.